Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like the look of iOS 7?

• Yes

Votes: 174 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 66 22.2%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • I'll have to wait and see how it is in real use

Votes: 47 15.8%

• Total voters

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
People in general are afraid to try something completely new. I was pretty perplexed at the new OS but it's starting to grow on me. Looking at iOS 6, the UI looks very dated in comparison now.

Just like at first, people disliked the iPhone 4 design but then later grew to love it, the same is going to happen with iOS 7. Ive is a genius.

Also check out: http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/

Jayuk

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
i like what apple did but in all i dont like what they done to the icons.. old icons looks much better and cleaner (imo)

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
I wonder if the black iPhones version will look the same, since they REALLY only handled with white ones... anyway, I got a white on so it wouldnt bother me haha

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
It looked ok, but those icons, those hideous, hideous icons! i just can't get over how hideous they look.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Don;t like the music app! sorry!
Don't like those icons, dislike the phone app, but everything else seems 'dope'.
Undecided about this control centre thing, just seems like too much, but I guess we shall see about that one!

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
You'll hate the new design after a week

I think the new design is too "shiny". I mean it pops up too much in your face.

It looks like a bad theme that would make you revert back to the old design after a couple of minutes.

The way notification and control center have transparent backgrounds is horrible. That kind of glossy look per se will make you tired after a week.

I prefer a straight look rather than this new "shiny" look.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom

It looks like a bad theme that would make you revert back to the old design after a couple of minutes.

The way notification and control center have transparent backgrounds is horrible. That kind of glossy look per se will make you tired after a week.

Yes remember themes pre smart phone days? You always got one with bright colours and you were relived to go back to a plain grey one.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Having a dissenting opinion is not a problem, debate the topic, but do not start criticizing members. Lets keep the discussion civil and on topic.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle

I have to agree. I think it looks nice but I don't think it'll hold up. It's to pastel based for me.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
It looks better than I thought it would for the "flat" design and I like it (based off what I could see off the keynote).

I am most excited by the fact that I won't need SBsettings anymore. That is the number one reason I jailbroke. Other than the hotspot (which isn't that important to me).

pettifogger06

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2011
I have to agree. I think it looks nice but I don't think it'll hold up. It's to pastel based for me.

The icons/home screen are flat out terrible. Everything else looks pretty nice.

Unless there is something we missed by not seeing it in person, I don't know how it happened. On almost every site I've seen the majority of the comments felt the home screen looked cheap, amateurish, childish, etc. Huge contrast between the clean look within apps and the notification center.

It looks like a kid's first attempt at a theme, to be honest. Not sure what they're going to do, as I don't know if professional folks are going to be willing to hold their nose and deal with that hideous thing.

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
Just to clarify is voting yes in the poll saying you don't like it or do you vote no if you don't like it?

Sorry for the confusion! I made the poll under the title "Do you like the new iOS 7 look?" before it got merged into this thread. So to clarify: Yes means that you like it, No means that you don't.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I'm not 100% sure I like the flat icons but I'll have to see them IRL . Everything else is absolutely awesome , much more than I ever expected :)))))

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
Stop trolling. Apple used to stand for something, even just a year ago. As a customer, this guy has an opinion, so how about you stop the succinct "Oh, don''t update, don't update then. If you hate it so much, why don't you marry it."

The FACT stands that this is the end of Apple as a pioneer of user interface design

lol apple stopped being innovative after the 4, i mean look at the iphone 5, it has a larger screen, but it looks ugly and the screen looks stretched, initially just copying the "bigger screen" concept from android phones

and now this "flat" look, it looks android and windowsy it looks horrible. ios was fine and they could have improved on the current theme but they just sold out.

apple is a bit panicking and steve jobs would be rolling in his grave if he saw this.

you really think a perfectionist like jobs would of allowed all these flawed and quick solution ideas?

it really shows how far gone apple has gone, given all the money they have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.