The "I Got My iPad 2 And Can't Use It Just Yet thread"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JoJoCal19, Mar 11, 2011.

1. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Just like the name implies. I was number 100ish in line and got my hands on my 32GB 3G GSM iPad 2 at 5:45pm or so. On the way home hit a real cluster f of a traffic jam due to a major accident. Just now getting home. Going to spend time with my daughter since I haven't seen her much today. Then I'm supposed to be going to my friends house to hang out. Definitely not taking my new toy over there to be abused. Will probably sit unopened until late tonight or tomorrow morning :(

Anyone else in the same boat and not able to tear open their new iPad 2 right away?

2. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

3. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Daughter as well frankly.

4. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I dropped mine off at home and went to my schools hockey game tonight. It's the playoffs so the iPad can wait.

5. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

Gotta watch the Gator game though. Go Gators!

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Picked mine up at bestbuy and had to hurry home to get ready for work.

Won't be home until 10ish but I'll be thinking about my pad until then. :D

7. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Just got 2 16gb iPads from Target! Driving home, so much traffic... Move out tha way!!!!

8. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

thats just sad and frankly pathetic on your part

9. fishcube macrumors 6502

Got my white 64Gb wifi sitting beside me in the truck since 5:15. Still in box. Staying in town to pick hubby up at airport at 840. I was gonna open and hook up to netbook I brought, but decided not to as I want to get home and relax and I love the anticipation :)

10. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

Gotta eat first, take a little nap and maybe open it.....too scared to open and scratch the damn thing LOL. :D

11. Rodvette macrumors regular

Got my ipad but waiting for the sync to finish :)

I went to my local BB for mine, there was a no line at 12pm came back around 1pm there was 2 people in line, came back at 2:30pm after grabbing some lunch with a friend and there was 6 people in line, I decided to finally line up. I was out of the best buy store in less than 10 minutes ^_^ after 5.

12. JoJoCal19 thread starter macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who had to wait to use it :p

Finally, almost 4 hours after getting it, I'm about to tear it open!!

On a side note, I decided to pick up a bluetooth keyboard and magic trackpad for my MacBook. Darn Apple for placing the smart covers strategically where you have to pass all of the other accessories to get to!

13. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

With 20+ gb of apps to install from my iPad1 restore... I'm just sitting here watching "Sync in Progress".

Finally after 45 minutes, I'm at the S's for install apps... hopefully in the next 15-20 I can use it.

14. omyard macrumors regular

This is where I'm at. Grrrr...

15. aneftp macrumors 68040

Yeah I was out of Best Buy at 535pm. Went to dinner with my wife and the baby.

Got home, helped wife with baby and getting baby down for the night.

Next thing I know it's almost 9pm and I still have iPad 2 in the car in the garage. Crazy, how getting married and having a 9 month old baby changes everything. Before I would race home and rip open the package.

I finally opened iPad 2 at 930pm because my wife thought I just wanted iPad just for the thrill of the chase of getting iPad 2 on first day. I sync iPad 2 with iTunes from my backup. (I sold my iPad 1 in December)

So it's 10pm and I barely touched iPad 2 an ready for bed with iPad still attached and charging next to my iMac in the office. Hopefully play with it tomorrow but we have guest coming by most of the day. We live outside of Orlando so family always come by during spring break for disney and stuff.

16. aleni macrumors 68020

i feel you man, i feel you, i got wife and 7 months old baby, and i'm still only on chapter 4 playing Dead Space for PS3, it's not even Dead Space 2!

i feel you my man.

17. JoJoCal19 thread starter macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Haha I feel you both. My wife and 6 month old are my first priority and my spare time is spent with them rather than my toys.

18. aleni macrumors 68020

me too, but while im playing with my wife and daughter, i always see my PS3, Sony PSP Go, 11" macbook air on the table crying wanted to be touched! :D:D

19. BigWalt macrumors regular

BigWalt

Im with you op, I left on lunch to get my iPad went back to work and had to leave it in my truck, come home and I've only had an hr to play with my new gadet. Taking it to work since I'll be alone in the office
    tomorrow :)

20. JusChexin macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use a 2007 MacBook running OSX Tiger. Unbeknownst to me previously, you need at least Leopard to install iTunes10, which is required to sync and operate the iPad. Damn you Apple, I was hoping to wait until Lion was released and then get a new MacBook without upgrading my OS in-between. Oh well, another $30 tomorrow. In the meanwhile I keep playing with my Smartcover thinking "that's so cool" how it turns the screen on and off. Unfortunately al l I can see on my screen for now is the request to sync to iTunes10, lol! D'oh...