The "I had no problems with PC, But I still Love OS X" Thread

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sukanas, Sep 15, 2008.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

i wasnt sure where to put this but anyways
    i noticed lot of times, it seems like these "mac switchers" always seem to be these frustrated windows users

however, i was wondering if there were people like me who really, didn't have a problem with windows... in terms of usability, BSOD, and etc...

in fact, i probably maybe had like at most 20 BSOD in my life (im being serious)
    and i already had like 5 kernel panics w/ my previous macs and ive only owned them for a year
    my current imac however is running flawlessly (no kernel panics at all!)

But of course mac just makes everything easier and less worrysome...
    IE. no defragmentation, spyware/virus, EASY software install/uninstall, the one icon packaged application, WAY BETTER SOFTWARE UPDATE, etc..

makes the osx all the much betterr.

2. miiles macrumors regular

Me!

I had a Dell that was about 4 years old, it never crashed or anything; however it got unbelievably slow. Windows hasn't treated me like some of the people on these forums, but it has treated me worse than I would like.

OS X, on the other hand has never truly gotten much slower on me, my grandfather has an Apple II that he still uses for some reason.

Never had any problems major problems with Windows XP, I just like OS X a whole lot better.

I just remembered I had a Windows ME machine, crashed all the time.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I would generally agree with that, too. Hardware wise, I have had probably a comparable or slightly better level of problems with Apple and Windows hardware. But I enjoy the Apple HW more.

Software wise, OS X is not problem free, and I can get lots of things done quite happily on Windows. But again, I find myself much happier using OS X than Windows.

I'm actually pondering getting a Windows computer at home for the first time in ... I guess more than five years. The biggest problem though, is that if I get an EeeBox running Windows on my HDTV, and I phase out using my iMac, I would have to sync my iPhone to iTunes in Windows, and I'm not thrilled about dealing with syncing to Outlook instead of the Apple apps.

4. sukanas thread starter macrumors 6502a

sukanas

oh yeah, i was talking about windows XP

and yeah, i LOVE how everythings integrated...
    the browser (itunes, iphoto/APERTURE!!, Photobooth)
    im talking about the File > Open thingy...

and everythings integrated w/ the ipod/itunes too

hardware wise, windows options have SO MUCH MORE (cheaper price too)
    and i never understood the whole, "if you buy 'cheap' hardware" itll fail you and you waste your money...
    uh..ive built computers for four years and i never had problem

if not, the mac's probably have just as much or even more w/ the whole screen issue, slot drive issue, etc.....

the pc's make it easy
    and it doesnt cost you 800 dollars to get your logic board replaced...
    (AHEM APPLE...)