The "I have 4.0 so I don't need jailbreak" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0dev, Jun 21, 2010.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I know this isn't the opinion of everyone, because we all use our phones differently, but who else is dumping jailbreaking now they have 4.0?

I have custom backgrounds, multitasking, and a rotation lock, all on the official release. I need to find an App Store replacement to MxTube (anyone know of such a thing?), but other than that, I'm fine with my iPhone stock on 4.0 :)

How's about you? :D

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I still prefer Backgrounder to Apple's implementation of multitasking, and MyWi will be nice for those who don't want to pay for tethering.

3. CarloVonSexron macrumors member

4. bahooki macrumors regular

5. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Doubtful. Still want tethering, SBSettings, and a few other things.

You can have my jailbreak when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

:D

6. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Still going to jailbreak for...

MyWi (ufck you AT&T, I'm not paying extra for tethering)

Now that I think about it, that's about it! ha

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

No, because I make money by making custom springboards and I still need the icons to be able to be changed. With $10 a pop I'm not risking it. :D.

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i dont think there will be many who jailbroke before not to jailbreak now.. doesnt make much sense not to.

9. Advil macrumors 6502a

MyWi, quick reply, Winterboard, SBSettings, Backgrounder + proswitcher and lockinfo

too much still missing to ditch the jailbreak

10. Mshilling macrumors regular

biteSMS will keep me coming back. and mywi. yep, still need to jailbreak.

11. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I'm just wondering if Apple has something sinister up their sleeves, like keeping track of serial numbers and sending jailbreak detections back through iTunes. I know I'm guilty of quickly hitting "Accept" everytime that Apple releases a new version of iTunes, so I don't know if we agreed to some new changes that could affect warranty coverage.

Imagine going to the Genius Bar, only to be told, "Hey, we've seen that you've been running your device in a jailbroken status, I'm sorry, that invalidates your warranty."

My iPhone 4 will stay clear of jailbreaking.

My iPad 3G, on the other hand, I'll be closing the data plan on it, jailbreaking it, and planning to swap the iPhone microSIM back and forth for data. Hopefully that will work - even to the point where I can use MyWi on the iPad 3G and make FaceTime calls over Wi-Fi on my iPhone 4!

12. og1 macrumors regular

until apple implements their own version of status notifier (cannot figure out why the hell they wont do this) i will continue to jailbreak

13. pwb2103 macrumors member

I can't survive without SBSettings and intelliscreen. The jailbreak continues

14. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I agree. I have no reason to jailbreak now because of backgrounds, multitasking, and screen orientation lock. Plus I just havent had the best luck jailbreaking before, it gets really frustrating sometimes. Having cracked apps is nice but I like to keep it simple and know that it's going to work when I need it to work.

15. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

I'll still be jailbreaking mainly for:

SBSettings - soooo much easier than digging through the menus
    YourTube - I may not use youtube a lot, but downloading those few funny videos is worth it
    Winterboard - backgrounds are one thing, but I like changing icons too
    Mobile Scrobbler - I cannot stand Pandora and love Last FM. this allows real time scrobbling of songs
    SSH - changing my carrier logo or message alerts is a nice perk

with 4.0 it looks like i won't be using backgrounder nor will i be using categories (apple's solution to folders seems much nicer). i use mywi sometimes and will likely use it again; no way am i paying apple that much extra for the rare occasion i use tethering.

16. mbell75 macrumors 6502

I still have yet to see visual proof of an iPhone multitasking...