The "I Have an iPad 3G And an iPhone 4" Thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by boltjames, Jun 22, 2010.

1. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

I'll be using my iPad 3G to kill time as I wait on line to get my reserved iPhone 4 at 7am on Thursday. It'll be fun to watch all the people on the non-reserved standby line gawk. Unfortunately, I can only wear one Rolex but I'll have my BMW keyfob and photos of my McMansion and beach house on the iPad to entertain the less fortunate.

I plan to use my iPhone 4's HD video recording capability to its fullest and am wondering if anyone knows if the iPad 3G will "see" the iPhone 4 as a camera so I can unload the private HD video of the trophy wife onto the iPad 3G to make room for more HD shooting the next night.

I feel blessed to live in a world where I can spend $1,128 on two revolutionary and magical devices in the same month.

BJ

Posted from my iPad 3G/64GB/$829/iPhone 4/32GB/$299

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

3. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

While we're at it:

iPad 3G / 64GB | iPad Wifi 16GB | iPhone 4 / 32GB | iPhone 3GS / 32GB | iPhone 3 / 16GB | iPhone | 17" Macbook Pro | 20" iMac | Mini C2D | Mini PowerPC | Time Capsule 2TB | iPod Nano Video | iPod 3 | 2xiPod Shuffle | iPod Shuffle orig | iPod Nano Fat | iPad 3G Elitist Club® Member

I don't even want to add all that $ up.

4. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Uh...I have an iPad 3G and I will not be getting an iPhone 4 maybe till 5.... But then Ill be showing people pictures of my 3.3L V6 Toyota highlander and hope that one day I will be driving a BMW M3

Posted from my iPad 3G/16GB/$700 (CA tax):)

5. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

my BMW key fob will be available for viewing as well haha. Maybe I should join elitist club.

I will be bringing my 64gb 3G to wait in line for my 32gb iPhone 4. Both unlimited data plan lol.

I'm not going to list my personal assets, but i assure you, I qualify :)

6. boltjames thread starter macrumors 68040

boltjames

Most certainly.

You certainly qualify, but lose the iPad wifi.....it makes the rest of us look bad.

Your BMW aspirations are admirable, but because you drive a Toyota I cannot talk to you.

You are welcomed to join. Bonus rank if you have a trophy wife.

BJ

7. gigaguy macrumors 65816

but I'm more impressed by people that can afford what they have. I've read that up to 70% of BMWs are leased to mostly people who can not afford to buy, and mostly the 3 series. not a bad car at all, but since you see them at every corner, it's not a car I seriously shop.

I love the poster, he can be funny. I just don't get why people are so impressed by BMWs. and now the iphone is not elite either, it's gone mainstream.

8. T4R06 macrumors 65816

Oh well I have an iPad 3G 64GB but the problem is my car is only 135i premium/sports.. owned not lease.. I guess I cannot join the elite club.. Sad..

I'll be going on line this 24th maybe 5am..

9. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

You have to wait in line?

Mine is being brought to me by hand :cool:

10. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

^^ Yeah I started to say, where's your minion to stand in line for you?

You totally just blew the image BJ. Standing in line with the common riff-raff makes you, well....quite common.

11. cat3600 macrumors newbie

Try to add this then; I have only been a Mac user only since 2006!!!!

24" iMac (white), 20" iMac (Alu), 30" ACD, 2.66 quad core mac pro, 2.88 8-core mac pro, 2009 macbook (white), 27" i7 iMac (bought this year), iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4 ipods (at least), iPad 16GB Wifi, iPad 16GB Wifi, 3G.

(Plus I havent counted yet my my brother who is an apple nut with 3 Macbook pros, 2.66 quad core mac pro, 16GB Wifi iPad)

Thats a lot of money gone to Steve Jobs!!!!

Oh! I dont have a BMW, I like the cars especially 135i & 335i, but a lot of people drive them who know nothing about cars but buy a BMW 323i slow POS & think they have made it!
    I drive a Mazdaspeed 6 & love it!!

12. timish macrumors regular

$10,000.00 40mhz 68030 IIfx = old school baller :D

13. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I will be in such a lucky position tomorrow :) I am excited to explore the possibilities once a new jailbreak is discovered.

14. boltjames thread starter macrumors 68040

boltjames

I like the experience in the store and, besides, at 7:01am I'll be the first in my city with one and that's a bit of a thrill.

Who wants to wait for the mailman to arrive? Take matters into ones own hands, I say, and show off the iPad too.

BJ

15. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Yeah unless someone in your city is one of the few that already has theirs xD

If I was one of those people, I would show up at my local Apple Store and just f*** with everyone:D

16. timish macrumors regular

That reminds me of that Triumph the insult dog piece where they showed up to a Star Wars event with a Star Trek character giving the bird to the Star Wars nerds.

17. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i saw the title of this thread and i knew it would be you, boltjames.
    :rolleyes:

18. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Bought a Mac II at edu pricing, was about $7000 if I recall. Color and nubus cards baby!!!

I only have a 32 3G and no iPhone, drive a Honda and I'm certainly not a trophy wife. But I'm thinking of starting my own elitist club... The no iPhone club :D

BJ - the line thing is nuts!!

19. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I have an iPad but it's the only apple product I've ever bought. Can I join the elitist club?

I do have a trophy wife. And a girl on the side. I call her the girl on the side.

20. Macuser1066 macrumors member

Can I join the elitist club? Expecting delivery today on my island of ipad 64G 3G/iphone 4. Have Macbook Pro/ipod/time capsule. Sold my 5 series BMW for Mini S. Mini joins my 6 series Audi/Alfa Romeo/Maserati which provide transport for my trophy husband and I????? We real elitist don't wait in lines - even if we want to show off our possessions!!

21. Zcott macrumors 68020

Standing in line is for commoners. Some of us have reservations, you know...

22. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

My 3GS contract expires in 11(!) months time, and after reading the Engadget review, I can't wait that long.
    I'll be a paid up member in a month or two, I guess. :D

23. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Someone in your area will have their iPhone today, hand delivered to them, while they stand in their bathrobe sipping a cup of coffee.

You will have to wait though till the next day, get up early, travel to a store just to stand in line ........ like a peasant.

Someone else had already taken matters into their own hands and bent life to their will.

24. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

25. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

2010 BMW M5 delivery yesterday, includes Iphone connection option. Here is a picture i took at one of my serfs farm.

[​IMG]

I was curious to see how they got over 700HP in such a small package so I did a tear down of it's internals. Here is the final pic.

[​IMG]

Don't worry I got it all back together this morning in time to test the IPhone 4 that will be delivered today by my personal AT&T rep, who is HOT BTW. This is her delivering my 3G last year.

[​IMG]