The "I just got/ordered the new iPod touch" thread

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tonyshucraft, Sep 11, 2008.

1. tonyshucraft macrumors regular

I ordered mine yesterday, and it hasn't shipped yet.

Please people, this isn't a knock on those who have, but try not to make a hunred threads saying that you got one or ordered one. Just post here. It just makes the forums a little cleaner if we keep things organized. Plus those evil...I mean...god-like mods probably don't enjoy it as much either.

2. WordLife565 macrumors regular

k. well i got mine today. 8GB, it's pretty sick. loving the software. Downloaded Soccer 09 app on it.

3. ralphc20 macrumors newbie

I ordered mine like an hour ago but it's a refurbished 8gb 178 dollars i couldn't help it don't judge me:cool:. It will be here next week i suppose.....:eek:

4. Strategy macrumors member

Ordered the 16gb touch yesterday around 11am or so. It shipped today at 6:38pm China time.

5. angels lust macrumors member

Ordered a 32GB w/ Applecare this afternoon with 2 day shipping (dumb dumb dumb). I was hoping it'd make it here saturday but it'll probably be here monday or tuesday. I can wait.

6. Raytheon117 macrumors newbie

I ordered the 16GB model yesterday (Wednesday) at about 12:50PM (with engraving) from Apple Canada Store.

It shipped today, and it'll be delivered to my house by Tuesday! It's a few days away but I'm so eager to get it :D

7. Martog macrumors newbie

I ordered my new Ipod Touch on tuesday with standard shipping and got it today! I love FedEx, they are so fast!

Also here is an interesting part about the new iPod Touch...look at the firmware version...

Attached Files:

8. Raytheon117 macrumors newbie

2.1.1 eh? Cool! I know it's around somewhere else but how do you think the interface is in terms of fluidity and speed? And have you tried typing on it yet?

9. Martog macrumors newbie

Its about the same I feel as my original iPod Touch with 2.1, but the surface seems a little more rough, but then again I have had my Touch since it first came out, so I am used to more of a slick screen, hopefully it'll smoothen up a bit once I use it more.

2.1 overall was generally a good release in terms of speed and such, Contacts doesn't slow down now but really is useless to me as there is no sort by Business which I need badly, Fast Contacts is far much better than what is included.

The speaker isn't all that bad either for being inside the devide with no holes, will definately be fun for stuff like phone saber. :)

10. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F137 Safari/525.20)

I ordered a 16GB to replace my current on Tuesday night. It shipped Wed. morning, will arrive by Monday. I'm selling my old one to my girlfriend for $150 - a deal to say the least. It's a 16GB in GREAT condition (not even a scratch on the back :D)

11. angels lust macrumors member

Why not just give it to her? Selling your girlfriend stuff just seems... odd. Or better yet don't tell her you got a new one then give her your old one on an anniversary, birthday, Christmas, or something...

12. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

x2

Getting a 32gb from Amazon, free ship no tax (and I have a $425 credit too haha) So basically=FREE.

13. maximus1315 macrumors newbie

I ordered my iPod touch around 4 pm Tuesday, with the engraving and the faster shipping option, and got it Friday.... I absolutely love it. Everything is as quick and feels as nice as the first generation touch, but the curved back makes it godly to hold in your hand, and the speaker is pretty good quality and very useful, and ditto with the volume controls on the side

14. bdude macrumors newbie

I ordered mine late Thursday night, currently in Sydney and should be here on Monday!!! can't wait :D