The "I just installed iOS 7 for the first time" thread! First impressions!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by HussamRaed, Sep 18, 2013.

1. HussamRaed macrumors regular

HussamRaed

The "I just installed iOS 7 for the first time" thread! First impressions!

So, iOS 7 is finally released to the public, and as we all know, it's the biggest change Apple has made to it's OS since like, they first introduced it. But the question is, have they done it justice? Is it really worthy of a "Designed by Apple in California" stamp? Is it really the right choice for the next decade of iOS devices? Share your first impressions about iOS 7 here and compare them to how things were with older iOS releases.

Specify the model of iPhone you're using iOS 7 with.

Downloading… I can sense the level of excitement already!

2. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

3. HussamRaed thread starter macrumors regular

HussamRaed

4. HussamRaed thread starter macrumors regular

HussamRaed

OHHH GOD! It's absolutely gorgeous.

The overall feel of the OS is truly awesome. Everything flows so smoothly, and it also has that "brand-new" feeling that you get when open up something for the first time. Job well done, Apple.

I don't know about you guys, but I think the icons are hella' sexy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Maybe your install is bad. Mine is very fast with some nice animations and transitions.

6. verseafterverse macrumors member

man mines taking forever to install i tried to download it earlier and it didnt work restored my iphone couldn't reactivate and now in is installing taking forever i also couldn't do any changes in the new itunes either nor would it let me update it there.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Yep. Mine took a while to install due to the servers being overloaded. iTunes didn't show the update so I just did it on the phone.

Neither of which is an issue once its installed.

8. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

After the first 5 minutes... I disliked a lot about it. It just felt weird. After about 2 hours of constant playing around with it, I'm starting to love it. It really all depends on what background you use. Some make the OS feel awful, and others make it feel amazing.

The transparency really opens it up for some customization. (At least, it feels like it... Even though not much is changing)

9. 92P92 macrumors member

The same here. It's taking like forever to install. It's already installing for 2 hours :/ Hope it will be installed when I wake up tomorrow :)

10. verseafterverse macrumors member

dont worry i have it on verifying update for the umpteen time now

11. HussamRaed thread starter macrumors regular

HussamRaed

Yep, the background makes or breaks the user interface\experience IMO.

12. wrightc23, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

wrightc23 macrumors regular

Exactly, just changed the background to something darker. Much finer fonts and not that big a contrast between foreground and background colors make it all seem a bit too busy and the clarity isn't great out of the box to me.

I thought I'd hate but I actually quite like it. Animations seem pretty slick to me and it's certainly not slow on an iPhone 5.

13. MacUser09 macrumors regular

I have found it to be a bit of a strain on the eyes. Changing the background wallpaper to a darker colour helped, but that new, finer font is much harder to read.
    Screen seems a lot more busier than before. Will play with it a bit more, and try rearranging the order of some tiles, to see if I can tone it down a bit.