Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunari

macrumors member
May 19, 2009
Glendive, Montana
Ordered up my new Macbook Pro today, the high end 15" to replace my old white Macbook which is now going to my father. Been waiting for ages to order one but really happy with the new update, cant wait for it to get here now, I have even cleared and cleaned my desk work area at home ready for it.

My old Macbook was 2.4Ghz // 2GB // 160GB which was good for what I wanted at the time, tons and tons of HTML/CSS and Rails in TextMate. Cant wait to get to grips with my new Pro coming in at 2.8Ghz // 4GB // 500GB 7200 // 512MB grahpics. Just looking to find a decent bag now for it, found some nice Crumpler ones that look nice.

Anyways just had to post about it, I'm sooooo excited!! I will of course (in true MacWhore fashion) post some unboxing pics when it arrives.

Buy a crumpler! Great bags, I have one for my 15" MBP :D

The dreadful embarrassment fits my MBP perfectly, good amount of room for other stuff in there too.

machappymeal

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2006
Typing this on my MacBook Pro 13" 2.26ghz. Hitachi hard drive.

Can someone advise how to get the screen/panel details?

thanks

machappymeal

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2006
Forgot to say purchased from Belfast Northern Ireland Apple store. So all you UK buyers be aware that they now have stock (first thing this morning).

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
my screen looks great, no issues. model 9CBD I believe (checked last night, at work now)

machappymeal

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2006
Found it. It is the 00009C9F

Previously owned the last aluminium macbook. This screen is light years ahead of the poor one I had on the last model. Even light distribution and better colour.

No dead pixels.

timROGERS

macrumors member
May 3, 2009
I'm getting mine as soon as possible - gotta wait for the return of the refurb uMB I bought last week to go through though :(

SeeYouInTheER

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Baltimore, MD
just got an email from apple.

Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following
item(s) as follows:

MB528LL/A, IPOD TOUCH (2ND GEN) 8GB-USA
Ships by 3 - 5 business days
Delivers by Jun 17 - Jun 19

MC118LL/A, MBP 15.4/2.53/2X2GB/250/SD-USA
Ships by within 24 hours
Delivers by Jun 12 - Jun 15

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

isnt this some crap. can i complain and get my $18 shipping back?

Cancelled
May 30, 2007
Silly questions for those with the shiny new toys? What size HD and processor did you purchase? How long do you expect it to last you before an upgrade?

And for those that have looked under the hood of the new models? Can you swap in a SSD at a later point?

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Bah got so excited when the fedex truck arrived but it was Ground. Mine's coming over night and is on the other truck :(

Humey

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2009
Buy a crumpler! Great bags, I have one for my 15" MBP :D

The dreadful embarrassment fits my MBP perfectly, good amount of room for other stuff in there too.

Cool I'm just looking over them all now, prob order one up over the weekend as my MBP wont be here till next week.

Geoff.

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
Since you just bought 2 how about buying a third for me :rolleyes:

Jokes aside there two beatifull machines you have there :apple:

islandman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
Mine was ordered moments after the speech at WWDC when the Apple Store came back. It shipped yesterday from Shanghai to Miami. Estimated delivery is the 15th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.