The I love my unlimited grandpa thread!

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
All you can eat LTE for $30 is like, well, finally what wireless SHOULD be like, and how it should be priced.

Here's to hoping AT&T doesn't pull the plug on us grandchildren.

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
All you can eat LTE for $30 is like, well, finally what wireless SHOULD be like, and how it should be priced.

Here's to hoping AT&T doesn't pull the plug on us grandchildren.
You don't get all you can eat. If you're on the $30 unlimited plan - its limited to 3gig a month before your throttled. If you're an LTE customer on unlimited, your capped at 5gig before your throttled.

Eat all you want, until your speed gets capped :)

Cutwolf

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
You don't get all you can eat. If you're on the $30 unlimited plan - its limited to 3gig a month before your throttled. If you're an LTE customer on unlimited, your capped at 5gig before your throttled.

Eat all you want, until your speed gets capped :)
Doesn't apply to tablets. *passive aggressive smiley*

Dkorda

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Question, If you have an at&t grandfathered unlimited family data plan, and you get the new At&t iPad, would you still qualify for unlimited data?
Have the family data plans been announced?? Doubt they would have unlimited shared plans. Those slime balls at AT&T want to cap data, not give it away.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Have the family data plans been announced?? Doubt they would have unlimited shared plans. Those slime balls at AT&T want to cap data, not give it away.
I know, the greedy slime buckets. They should give away free data and pay their employees and shareholders with magic pixie dust! :rolleyes:

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I've got unlimited Verizon LTE in my Verizon iPad. with my sim from my Verizon Galaxy nexus. Cost me $24 a month with discount. I don't even use the Verizon phone as a phone.

I have my AT&T iPhone 4 S as my main phone.

Verizpn doesn't audit if u switch LTE sims from phone to tablet like AT&T does.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Well Verizon has a problem with audited LTE devices.

It has to deal with the regulations they agreed not to restrict LTE devices (phone/tablet/mifi) with sim swapping. Verizon agree not to restrict sim swapping so regulators with the us grant them the LTE spectrum.

If Verizon wants to restrict LTE sim swapping than they start losing the spectrum for LTE that they had acquired. That's why they can't do anything about it. Yet. To appease the government.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Question, If you have an at&t grandfathered unlimited family data plan, and you get the new At&t iPad, would you still qualify for unlimited data?
Um, what do you think this thread is all about? :)

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
The $10 family unlimited data is only for dumphones (on AT&T family plans with unlimited family texts). Some people use unbeanded smartphones that AT&T does not recognize On the $10 plan also.

But like the regular AT&T smartphone data plans. If u try to put the AT&T sim into the AT&T iPad, audit will audit u and disable ur data for a month of u are caught. Numerous threads on this last year.

AT&T is nasty trying to collect as much money as possible.

When I had original iPad 1 3G. I put my AT&T iPhone microsim in iPad 1 occasionally and it worked perfectly. I stopped doing that when AT&T started disabling the data

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68000
Dec 28, 2009
They better enjoy it now while they can. Just because its truly unlimited now, doesn't mean it will always be. ;)

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
The $10 family unlimited data is only for dumphones (on AT&T family plans with unlimited family texts). Some people use unbeanded smartphones that AT&T does not recognize On the $10 plan also.

But like the regular AT&T smartphone data plans. If u try to put the AT&T sim into the AT&T iPad, audit will audit u and disable ur data for a month of u are caught. Numerous threads on this last year.

AT&T is nasty trying to collect as much money as possible.

When I had original iPad 1 3G. I put my AT&T iPhone microsim in iPad 1 occasionally and it worked perfectly. I stopped doing that when AT&T started disabling the data
This AT&T bashing is getting really old. They are nasty because they are trying to enforce the terms of the contract that you agreed to when you signed up with them?

Sigh... :(

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Um, what do you think this thread is all about? :)
Um, if I'm not mistaken this thread is about having a 3G iPad 2 and then getting unlimited, unthrottled LTE when upgrading to an iPad 3. My question is if u have iPhones with grandfathered data plans, but never had an iPad with data, can u get an LTE iPad and get the same unlimited data even though it's a new device. I assume that u can, but just wanted to ask.

Cutwolf

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
Um, if I'm not mistaken this thread is about having a 3G iPad 2 and then getting unlimited, unthrottled LTE when upgrading to an iPad 3. My question is if u have iPhones with grandfathered data plans, but never had an iPad with data, can u get an LTE iPad and get the same unlimited data even though it's a new device. I assume that u can, but just wanted to ask.
No. iPhone and iPad data plans are sep.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68000
Dec 28, 2009
This AT&T bashing is getting really old. They are nasty because they are trying to enforce the terms of the contract that you agreed to when you signed up with them?

Sigh... :(
Exactly. People bash AT&T left and right only because they abuse the service and can longer do so. (COUGH UNLIMITED Smartphone plans)

If the company didn't have any rules and consequences the network would drastically suffer, resulting in poorer service for someone like me who doesn't abuse it.