the "I Ordered a Mac Mini" thread

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by TechWhore, Mar 3, 2009.

1. TechWhore macrumors regular

2. Smacky macrumors 6502

3. TechWhore thread starter macrumors regular

I went with the vanilla $599 model and plan to upgrade the memory

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think a Mac mini with a 24" LED CD is a better choice than a 24" iMac—just my 2 cents.

As with ordering a Mac mini, I will buy one tomorrow if it shows up in my local store.

5. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

I thought Apple was toting that display as an exclusive accessory to the Macbooks? It seems silly using it on a Mini or Pro cause you'll have that wasted magsafe cord just hanging around.

6. ale500 macrumors regular

I ordered the 2.26 with 4GB. I know it may have not been worth but I upgraded my MB from1 to 2 and from 2 to 4 and the other sticks are lying around :-(. I used my edu discount too, so overall I am pleased and hope it arrives soon. I had to pay wire-transfer though, my card was somehow not accepted :-(

I comes with the mini-DVI to DVI adaptor, I wish It came with the mini-display port to DVI adapter! (I already have one of from my white MB).

:apple: MacMini 2.26, 4GB, 120 GB. :D

7. conradzoo macrumors regular

Exactly the combination I plan to buy when my taxrefund is in.

Was opting for the 24" iMac for a while but for my needs a Mini is enough and really want the much better LED display.

8. jarozi macrumors newbie

Ordered the base $599 USD model yesterday (+4GB RAM, +320GB HD from 3rd party), packed up and shipped back my 'old' $599 model that I ordered two weeks ago, and am awaiting delivery of the new juice tomorrow.

9. sjorge macrumors member

Ordered a 2gz, 2GB one as a replacement for my old crappy MediaCenter
    and one 2,2ghz, 4GB as replacement for my ibook G4 that I now use as my computer at home.

10. Clive At Five macrumors 65816

Clive At Five

I did not order a Mac Mini. Too little value.

Once again, I'll be back in 9 months to start whining about the lack of a new Mac Mini that I still won't be satisfied with.

-Clive

11. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I bought one along with 4GB of RAM and I should be getting them both tomorrow. I've wanted a Mini for a while so I'm glad they released new models. I currently have 3 PCs and one Macbook so something is going to have to go. I'm thinking about selling my macbook and buying a netbook but I haven't exactly decided on what I really want to do.

Yay for impulse buying. :(

12. wartnig macrumors member

Yep, I should hopefully be picking one up at the weekend! Selling the MBP and getting a Mac Mini and Macbook Air instead. (Suits my needs better).
    I was hoping on the price to drop.... but nevermind...

13. Slothen macrumors newbie

Ordered the 2,26 ghz, and plan on upgrading the ram to 4 gb - the HDD will have to wait a bit :) ...

I hope I can feel a difference with the 2,26 ghz! It's 226 mhz more, hm! Anyways, I won't change my mind!

14. Milfin macrumors regular