Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sevengoals

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
I ordered my imac on the 3rd of april and they sent it off on the 7th.
I now have a Carrier and Carrier Tracking Number.
Estimated Delivery Date 16th (or if i'm really lucky tomorrow). :)

sak12344

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2009
DSL Speed Problem Solved

Qwest tech just tested the line to the outside of the house and the in-house wiring. Both showed 1536 down / 684 upload. I was contemplating what to try next when he said, "Here, try this..." and handed me a different ethernet cable. Could it be that simple? Switched cables, re-ran the speed test, and guess what.....?

1313 down / 684 upload

Problem solved. And "I" am a doofus for not trying this first. :)

BulletToothTony

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2009
Wow you went thru it yesterday?? what did you have problems with??

I was so paranoid because i started reading that apple may not exchange your product if you have less than 7 bad pixels.. And sure enough, they tried to give me that excuse this morning.

Customer service told me that it was acceptable to have some bad pixels... i automatically changed my tone of voice and told them that even thou it was acceptable to them it wasn't acceptable to me at all. And i wasn't happy with my product and i wanted an exchange or a refund..

Right away she told me that she would transfer me to the sales department and that they would setup a replacement for me.

When they transferred me i told them i needed a computer because i had a project due next week, Eli (sales department) told me he was gonna send an email to expedite my shipment.. So if i get the email today and i ship it today i should be getting my replacement tomorrow..

I'm still shocked to hear that so many people have been getting these pixel issues thou.. For the prices they sell their products I always thought that they put in top of the line products..

Oh well, i was told that if i get another one with a faulty screen i would definitely get it replaced.. I hope keep their word...

Well I got my replacement finally today.. i was told that as soon as i shipped my imac they were going to release the replacement right away.. it should've happened thursday but even by monday the replacement had not been shipped..

I called and a very nice lady apologized and went ahead and initiated the process and said she was sorry and gave me a $75 credit back to my card just because of the inconvinience. :) i was pretty shocked but somehow i didn't want to get happy cause i had the feeling that my replacement was gonna have stuck pixels as well..

Well i received it today by 3 o'clock and NO STUCK PIXELS.. i am the happiest apple customer right now..

My 24" 2.8ghz refurb it's simply gorgeous..

Overall i'm still very pleased with how apple took care of my not perfect monitor and even thou i would've liked to get this machine to begin with.. it was a more than nice gesture to get some money back from apple.

Costing me $1,195 with tax, and to think that i was going to spend $1,650 just a few months back..

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Well I got my replacement finally today.. i was told that as soon as i shipped my imac they were going to release the replacement right away.. it should've happened thursday but even by monday the replacement had not been shipped..

I called and a very nice lady apologized and went ahead and initiated the process and said she was sorry and gave me a $75 credit back to my card just because of the inconvinience. :) i was pretty shocked but somehow i didn't want to get happy cause i had the feeling that my replacement was gonna have stuck pixels as well..

Well i received it today by 3 o'clock and NO STUCK PIXELS.. i am the happiest apple customer right now..

My 24" 2.8ghz refurb it's simply gorgeous..

Overall i'm still very pleased with how apple took care of my not perfect monitor and even thou i would've liked to get this machine to begin with.. it was a more than nice gesture to get some money back from apple.

Costing me $1,195 with tax, and to think that i was going to spend $1,650 just a few months back..

Nice!

I got my 2nd replacement yesterday and so far only 1 stuck pixel just above Finder so that's nothing.

St0rMl0rD

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
Slovenia
I finally got my first Mac ever, my 2.93 GHz iMac today. No stuck or dead pixels, no problems whatsoever, it's plain simple perfect. Still adjusting to a big screen a bit, but everything is running perfectly. Good buy. I'll be posting some unboxing pics/vids in the Picture Gallery forums soon, too.

-J

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
England
My tracking information is talking about the 16th (tomorrow) being delivery day, although there is no carrier specified.

I'm itching to get hold of it! I was in the :apple: store this morning in town and having a good nose at some of the software. I like the look of iPhoto, for one thing.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
My tracking information is talking about the 16th (tomorrow) being delivery day, although there is no carrier specified.

I'm itching to get hold of it! I was in the :apple: store this morning in town and having a good nose at some of the software. I like the look of iPhoto, for one thing.

Look at the bottom of the page, left corner. I didn't find it first but later on I discovered it.

Headliner

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2007
Nope, it just says this in the bottom left hand corner:

'In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly.'

Ditto.... been at this stage for over a week now... ordered 30th March by the way. Expected 20th.

However.. i have had a bit of an odd update yesterday... it says Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule

But in the date column it says 16th April... presumably that column shows when the status update was rather than a delivery date but the status changed on the 14th? Bit weird... ah well.. we'll see what happens.

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
England
Ditto.... been at this stage for over a week now... ordered 30th March by the way. Expected 20th.

However.. i have had a bit of an odd update yesterday... it says Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule

But in the date column it says 16th April... presumably that column shows when the status update was rather than a delivery date but the status changed on the 14th? Bit weird... ah well.. we'll see what happens.

Yeah. mine's the same - changed on the 14th. My original order delivery date scheduled was the middle of May FWIW.

If it's not here tomorrow, then I'll actually stop winding myself up over it.

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
England
Mine didn't come yesterday, afterall.

I think it maybe on Monday, but then it might be the 15th May! I don't know what explains these different dates on the tracking page.

Still no name of any courier either.

iampetey

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2009
Hello,

I knew im new, i ordered my mac,

latest gen 24 inch 3.06 ghz model. with the 1tb hdd gt130 and 8gb ram.

I wont worry about the 4850 till later.

here is a pic :D

100_2444.jpg

Headliner

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2007
Mine didn't come yesterday, afterall.

I think it maybe on Monday, but then it might be the 15th May! I don't know what explains these different dates on the tracking page.

Still no name of any courier either.

I received mine today. Got a tracking number yesterday and arrived at local depot 11pm last night. Out for delivery at about 7 this morning and recieved it by 9:30. It crashes though lol. Read one of the other threads if your interested in the details..... good luck getting yours asap!!

neversaynever

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2009
Hello there!

I bought an 8800GS 24" mac yesterday afternoon and I was told I should expect arrival tomorrow afternoon. yay!

by the way I fear apple's sales folk. I started with an ipod. then an iphone. then I'm getting an huge imac:D kind of an addiction :) but you knoe what, if I never used hackintosh, I would never buy a mac, it would be a huge risk if you fail to adapt. but, hell, leopard was much more stable than XP even at a pc, so stable that It saved my ass when my windows crashed in middle of a design project. :rolleyes:

solutiondevices

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
First post! Long time lurker..

Bought my new iMac on Thursday as an upgrade to my 3 year old MacBook.

24" Monitor
3.06GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
4GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM-2X2GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 130 512MB
1.0TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
KYBD (NUM) & USER'S GUIDE-B
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC 24-GBR

Slightly perturbed by the dead pixel and bluetooth problems, but am sure that they happen to the very small minority of Mac users. Was thinking about hanging on for the release of Snow Leopard, especially with the rumours flying that 64 bit is the way forward, but decided to go for it anyway. Ridiculously excited to get my new computer. Will be using it for recording music, photoshop, some gaming and general day to day activities. Good stuff!

BulletToothTony

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2009
Hello,

I knew im new, i ordered my mac,

latest gen 24 inch 3.06 ghz model. with the 1tb hdd gt130 and 8gb ram.

I wont worry about the 4850 till later.

here is a pic :D

100_2444.jpg

Wow you really went all out huh.... We're very alike.. i cannot be happy unless i got it topped off.. lol

Congrats man.. I still love to come in the room and look at my baby.. beautiful computer!

rc28

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2009
Ireland
First post, hi everyone!:D
Ordered my first ever mac last Friday- 24inch 2.66ghz, 4GB Ram, 640GB HD etc. Its order status is now "prepared for shipment" and it says it should be due for delivery between the 24th and 29th which I thought was a bit long but I don't mind- can't wait for it. I'm in Ireland and my last Dell took only 2 days to arrive, however.

Got the HP wifi printer and AppleCare with it too. Just looking at tutorials for Leopard now as I have literally never used this OS before! I got so sick of how unreliable windows is and decided my sanity was worth a few extra €'s than a similarly specced pc.

edit: I'd also like to know whether ms word documents can be opened and saved by openoffice for mac?

Status is that UPS now have it after being shipped. I can't understand why it still estimates delivery won't be until the 24th, however.

ant043

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Ireland
well guys

Just a quick question. Hope somebody can help. Basicly i ended up purchasing an 24 2.93 ghz imac two days ago on the online store. It has been shipped but i'm having second thoughts and want to cancel the order and purchase a macbook pro 17 instead. Do i accept the shipment and just return to apple or do i refuse to accept shipment ? thanks for any help.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
well guys

Just a quick question. Hope somebody can help. Basicly i ended up purchasing an 24 2.93 ghz imac two days ago on the online store. It has been shipped but i'm having second thoughts and want to cancel the order and purchase a macbook pro 17 instead. Do i accept the shipment and just return to apple or do i refuse to accept shipment ? thanks for any help.

Call to Apple and ask how to do it.

junyea

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
Ordered my iMac in 3/19/09.....just got shipment confirmation...

Should receive it 4/21/09....I upgraded my graphic card, and i am hopping i don't get the freezing i have been reading on these forums. :confused:

Styxie

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2008
Holland
Ordered my iMac a few days ago (see signature), it'll be here in the beginning of May, so my PowerBook has to entertain me a few more week. Oh well, at least my PowerBook has anti-freeze =p

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
England
It's Arrived! It's Arrived!

Here it is! :

3.06GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
4GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM-2X2GB
ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB
1.0TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
IWORK '09 PREINSTALLED
APPLE WIRELESS MIGHTY MOUSE-Z
KYBD (NUM) & USER'S GUIDE-B
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC 24-GBR

I'm a first time mac buyer/user.

Now, it's still the box, as conditions are not optimal for opening (children and SWMBO hanging around).

I'm waiting on a homehub/router from BT (phone company) to use the mac wirelessly, so would I be wise to wait until the router arrives before unpacking and starting up the iMac?

Or will I be able to unpack it, start up and have fun? First thing, or one of the first thigns to do, is get all my files, photos etc., off my Iomega 500gb drive onto the mac, or at least copy them over.

:) Happy Days!

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Literally just placed an order for:

24" iMac, 2.93Ghz, 4GB RAM, ATi 4850, 1TB HDD

Here's to hoping the 4850 isn't going to go on the blink, and if it does, that Apple fix them fast.

Replacing a Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz iMac 20"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.