iPhone X The "I will return my iPhone X" - Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TinyTempo, Nov 3, 2017.

1. TinyTempo, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

OLED does not have the same viewing angles as Apple's brilliant IPS panels. This is part of stepping down to a cheaper tech.

The cross width reach for one handed use, doesn't look any different than an iPhone 6-8...

3. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

It would be different as the X is wider than the 6-8 physically, and has no bezel....

4. Hoosier317 macrumors 6502a

Hoosier317

You think that LCD -> OLED is a step down or is cheaper? It’s the exact opposite...

5. dan9700 macrumors 68020

dan9700

Wow the screen is so narrow and horrible yellow tint and as you turn slightly it gets white this is so poor I wanna swap for 8 plus this is disgusting

6. TinyTempo thread starter macrumors newbie

It is clearly different from my iPhone 7. It is slightly further to the left and about a quarter inch lower, which makes all the difference for me. I need to painfully stretch my thumb to get to it, which is not fun at all and hence a deal-breaker.

7. TinyTempo thread starter macrumors newbie

The colors are supposed to be better on OLED, however I really dislike the TrueTone (too yellowish for my taste), and the viewing angles on the iPhone X are really disappointing. I didn't expect such a massive difference compared to the "old" IPS panels. :(

8. ACST Suspended

You can disable true tone and be realistic, 99% of your iphone viewing isn't off-axis.

9. Hoosier317 macrumors 6502a

Hoosier317

So turn True Tone off. The viewing angles are better with the X than most OLED displays. It is clearly superior to LCD. The sharpness, the contrast ratios, the absolute black.

10. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

OLED has better viewing angles than any LCD IPS or not. You might have a defective screen?

11. TinyTempo thread starter macrumors newbie

I have turned off TrueTone after a couple of minutes, but of course this does not fix the viewing angles issue... I have no experience with other OLED panels, but if those are even worse, then "no thanks". The colors/contrast etc. on my iPhone 7 are already great, I see no real difference compared to the iPhone X to be honest.

12. Hoosier317 macrumors 6502a

Hoosier317

What kind of viewing angles are you having touble with. It should not be an issue at all.

13. TinyTempo thread starter macrumors newbie

It looks good from a straight angle, but tilting it a few degrees and it turns blueish. I doubt that this is a defective unit, otherwise it would exhibit bad behavior from a straight angle as well, I suppose.

14. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Let me see if I got this straight...

You wrote this is 2014:

So if you felt you wasted your time with a 4.7” iphone, why would you possibly attempt a 5.8” phone?

Why didn’t you get the SE since you determined 3 years ago that 4” worked for you?

15. TinyTempo thread starter macrumors newbie

It turns blueish when tilting about 5+ degrees. I could probably live with it and would forget about it, but right now it still feels kind of cheap for a €1150 device...

16. Hater Suspended

Hater

Mines still 10 days away from being in my hand, but playing with a co-workers this morning...

I don't know. I was expecting to be more excited, I guess. It's just... not exciting

17. TinyTempo thread starter macrumors newbie

I got used to the iPhone 6 after a while (gave it a 2nd chance), I initially had trouble with it and its upper corner, yes. But it wasn't as bad as the iPhone X (whose dimensions are only a tiny bit bigger than my current 7) because of the location at the bottom of that emoticon button.

18. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

19. Elastic Love macrumors regular

People are crazy. Either you are an attention seeking troll, or you need better controls on your impulsive spending.

20. dan9700 macrumors 68020

dan9700

Every year I think the screen will improve this is horrible it changes with a ting angle movement

21. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

When did this revelation occur? After you wrote this?

That was in 2015. Did your fingers stretch?

22. dan9700 macrumors 68020

dan9700

Why if someone is being honest and someone doesn’t wanna hear it they are called a trol no I just spent 13 hours in regent street and have it and if ppl don’t believe then cool

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

...so it was a huge hullabaloo to increase the size of your previous phones, but you decided to give it a little time, and lo and behold, you adapted, yet this time it’s absolutely unmanageable and unacceptable and you must return the phone (after less than a day of usage)?

lol, allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrighty then!

24. gelie macrumors 6502

Of course they are. However, of the 100+ professional reviews out there i have not heard one complaint regarding the screen. Size,facial recognition, no home button etc. fine. Bit screen quality???

25. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Of course they are. I am also free to point out when I think people are exhibiting troll behavior.