The iBox G4/xMac G4 - Possible?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Forkeh, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Forkeh, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013

Forkeh macrumors newbie

So I have the case to an original XBox and I thought, why not make use of it? While thinking of what I could do with it, my mind wandered into the PC builds area, and then I somehow got to the point of thinking about a combination/hybrid of the XBox and the iMac G4.

I thought, if I were to attach the swivel mount of the G4 to the center jewel of the spray-painted XBox case then I could have an iMac that stands out from the rest. The major issue I found was that since the G4 itself is a dome, the logic board is a circle, meaning that the ports aren't aligned for anything like a traditional case. But then I thought that maybe if I used the logic board from a different Mac (e.g. the Mini) as well as different parts, then I could possibly get it done.

So in short, my question is: can I use a different logic board/parts and still attach the swivel mount and LCD to the center jewel? I've never built a Mac before, however I'm going to start building them very soon at a volunteer service (I keep every 6th one I build :D). Any help would be appreciated, as I'm not sure how compatible Mac parts are with one another.

Also, if it helps, I'm an unemployed 14 year old kid with little to no budget and the only way I'm getting a Mac is through that volunteer service. I can earn a little bit of money here and there, but think of it like this: I rarely ever have more than $20 at a time.

Thanks!:apple:

EDIT: Picture it like this, except having the XBox spray-painted to match the LCD as well as having USB/audio jacks rather than controller ports (because I can't use GIMP for more than simple tasks to save my life...).
    http://postimg.org/image/bz97ovi4h/

2. Forkeh thread starter macrumors newbie

Other Question

Might as well post my other question: Is there any way to connect the original XBox DVD drive to the Mac's logic board? It fits better and looks better. However if I could put a SuperDrive in there that'd be awesome.