The ideal Spreadsheet app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tjhans, Jul 21, 2011.

1. tjhans macrumors newbie

I am not an apple user, but I work for a law firm where every attorney is. Thus I have to support them anyways. The problem I am having is that I have been looking high and low for an app that can be used to modify a very complex spread sheet. Everyone has a to-do list that has a list of everything they need to do that day. This list is on an excel spreadsheet that queries the office data base each morning. When a task is completed it is erased from the list. New tasks they wish to add can be put on that list and an access macro will import them in the morning (along with a lot of other things it does). Although this is not as nice to use as a real calendar program, it does have a lot of benefits, such as making reports of which cases people don't have tasks planned for. They want to be able to edit these excel spreadsheets abroad via iphone. Right now they can only do it with a vpn and remote desktop client, but that is not a very nice solution. Anything I have tried (Microsoft office web apps, Google docs, etc) will let them edit the files, but will not support the queries, thus the next morning the calendar can't be refreshed. Is there any app that will not ruin these queries? We can use dropbox or something to sync, but how can we edit them without messing them up?