The " I'm waiting for my apple online order" thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Mar 31, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Thought about looking around but everytime I do the site is out of stock all the time and can't be bothered with the hassle.

Anybody not cancelled their online order? anybody sticking it out for the 25th of april?

Gives me something to look forward to by waiting.

2. Audi1910 macrumors newbie

totally agree

I've placed an order which was aknowledged on Mar 25, 2011 at 12:51 AM GMT after several failed attempts and only managed to place it after following the '1 click' activation suggestion.

My delivery estimates are pretty much similar to the majority of the people who ordered at the same time:
    Estimated Shipping: 15 Apr, 2011
    Estimated Delivery: 25 Apr, 2011

this kinda s*cks!!!

I know there were probably a few hundreds of us staying awake and ordering, but, i thought that at least a few hundred units would be set aside for those initial orders....but hey .....

And then I keep reading these posts of people who manage to order from Tesco, PCW, MacWarehouse etc after that date and get deliveries...and those stores have had several deliveries in the meantime..

it's a bummer...i wonder if it's because i ordered a 64GB 3G version....

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I ordered the 16gb, wifi black model and my delivery date is the same as yours.

I ordered mine through 1click as it wouldn't work through the normal way and it was processed at 12.49am....

sucks to wait this long with everybody else it seems have theirs. I'm very jealous but I look at it this way...it will be worth the wait.

I've never had an ipad so whats another 4 weeks?

4. Audi1910 macrumors newbie

regarding my previous post...

Although...and regarding my previous post, I am not cancelling my order and eagerly awaiting for my delivery.

Managing to numb the waiting feeling by consuming a few pints of GUINESS here and there and thinking of their slogan..

'GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT'

5. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

^ indeed

It is going to be like christmas day for me when it arrives.

6. PabloPaulo macrumors newbie

Me too

I agree, it seemed a little strange to me that most posts talk about the same delivery dates.

It feels like it was more a preorder for dispatch on the 15th April, maybe as a way for Apple to manage demand with their constrained supply.

As I ordered direct from Apple, I am simply frustrated that other channels seem to have priority over stock. However, I understand the business logic and Apple's desire to be further ahead in the channels when the tablet wars begin.

For now I simply check in at 9pm each evening to see if I can reserve one to pick up from my local Apple store the next day. If I get one I'll cancel my online order. I ordered a 64GB 3G and a 16GB wifi, both black.

7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

You mean ring up or look online? sadly my local apple store doesn't seem to have this reserve and pick up system.

8. Audi1910 macrumors newbie

and another thing that wounds me up a little bit.....

...and that is the current 'Reserve' thingy going on.

I mean, we, (several hundreds, maybe a couple of thousands), stayed up late, made the effort to be the first people to order online on the 25th March, and immediately (for the majority) got slapped with a 3-4 weeks estimated delivery date.

Yet, every night, after 9PM GMT there are a few people who manage to reserve for next day in-store collection.

This means that the stores have been getting daily stock replenishments. And by looking at the other posts here from different threads, 3rd party sellers like MacWarehouse, PCW, Tesco etc have also been getting stock replenishments.

Yet, we still don't get our APPLE earlier orders fullfilled! THIS S*CKS BIG TIME!!!!