The "I'm Waiting For My MacBook Pro Because Apple Shipping Takes Forever" Thread

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BritCornflake, Jun 19, 2007.

1. BritCornflake macrumors newbie

BritCornflake

I ordered it yesterday, along with several other things like the "free" iPod, Printer, etc on the student discount and my MacBook Pro (15" 2.2GHz) wont even ship til the 25-27 of June it says! I paid for 2 day shipping after the ship date, so hopefully i'll get it by the 27th-ish!

Anyway - everything else shipped today, and is expected to arrive tomorrow or Thurdsay! I guess it will be fun sitting around with all my accesories, but no computer to enjoy them with! Oh well, this is my first mac :) , and i'm just as excited waiting for it as i'm sure I will be when I have it. I'm trying to ignore all the "yellow tint screen" threads and the "kernal panics" thread, and just hope for the best!

Who else has ordered, and is in the process of the looonnggg wait to get theirs? FYI - I went to our local apple store so I could buy one in person, but they were sold out - so was everywhere else in Washington :confused: (I posted this thread already...)

Anyway, I'd just like to hear from some other "waiters"...

Thanks!

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I am in the same situation- waiting for my new MacBook Pro to be delivered to my house... :) :apple:

3. firefighterZ macrumors newbie

I too am waiting. I had a 15" mbp on order but got restless and called up apple and changed my order to a 17" mbp with the 7200rpm & HD screen.
    shipped on the 19th and will arrive on the 21st. alot better than waiting till august for a 15er.

i've already received my 30gig ipod and canon printer... :)

4. hkh macrumors newbie

me three :(

ordered my 17" 7200rpm hdd + HD screen mbp a week ago on the ADC discount, they say i should get it by the end of this week or start of next week. Not holding my breath though. I may have the first HD-enabled SR MBP in aus? :p

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Ordered 6/15 - delivered by 6/27...

I'm gettin' the base model but upgraded the HD to 160GB and I also wanted the glossy screen. :cool:

I can't wait! :D

Part of me feels guilty for knowing my birthday present, lol. :p But, oh well I think I'll get over that. It'll be tough though when I know the MBP is right under my nose by June 27th, when I have to wait until July 2nd since that's my birthday! :eek:

6. tschoftner macrumors member

tschoftner

waiting ...

I am in the same boat really. I ordered one (MBP 17" hi res matte, 160 GB HDD) on the 6th June and the guy at the retailer store told that I would probably have to wait up to 6 - 8 week!! :mad:
    Might be because of the fact that I am located in Austria and Austria isn't such a big market for macs!!
    Please Steve send me my MBP asap!
    Thomas

7. pdra05 macrumors regular

I've ordered my MBP 2.4GHz with standard configurations except for the glossy display just over a week ago and I'm still waiting.. I'm hoping that I'll get a phone call from the reseller on campus by before Thursday next week before I go away for holiday... :( It would be nice if I could take the MBP along with me then.. :\

8. tullys macrumors member

tullys

@least my aussiebag neoprene sleeve arrived.

It's sat next to my SunRay whilst I wait for an email from the postroom:rolleyes:

9. booksacool1 macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat. Ordered my 15" 2.4ghz glossy with EDU discount on the 16th. Ships on the 2/7. Stupid apple, thats two weeks + shipping time.
    I asked at the local apple store (david jones). Apparently theres a six week wait on some models, so I don't feel too bad with my 2-3wk wait (assuming it doesn't turn bad).

10. BritCornflake thread starter macrumors newbie

BritCornflake

Wow! 2-3 weeks? I feel luck then, orderd on the 18th, shipping by the 25-27th! that not that long actually... but it still seems like forever!

11. mikehokie macrumors regular

I ordered my MBP 15" 2.2 Ghz on June 16th. I only made 2 upgrades. I upped the HDD to 160 GB (5400 RPM) and I added Final Cut Express HD as a pre-intalled unit (Might try to get FCP and a Canon GL2 this Xmas). It says it will ship from the 21-25 and it will deliver to my doorstep from the 25-28. Called Apple yesterday (19th) and they said it will not be shipping any earlier than the 21st. I think with school out and parents buying laptops for their college bound kids it's probably justifiable for this wait. But I did get my free iPod today, but I was not home when they delivered :(

So I have to go pick it up tomorrow at FedEX. This will be my first iPod so I am pretty excited. I got the 4GB nano with a free engraving. It says "Winners never quit, Quitters never win". Haha thought that was good since I play sports and I have heard that saying time and time again.

12. poke4christ macrumors member

Man, I guess I'm in a pretty good situation comparitively. I ordered over the weekend with an Student ADC. It got confirmed (removed from processing hold) yesterday and it says it will ship 21-25. Initially I was pissed because I wanted it by Saturday. Now, I'm feeling a little bit better.

One reason might be that I ordered the 15" 2.4 and didn't make any upgrades. I just ordered it as is. This is my first mac and I think I'd streak through my Church to get it here now (not really ;)).