Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arlung

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2009
Maybe the sale know the current imac is out of stock, it mean the new imac is coming is some kind of way

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
Ahhh, so many newbies in this thread!!!!

Viral marketing invasion from Apple has begun!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Word !

Here's another newbie, hoping that this is true! :)
Nope, Apple must take us all for nutmegs, I mean, come on, seriously now there mustIMHO be at least a couple hundred Apple reps on the net posting this n that , you just realize after a while, you know ? ;)

Apple has really gotten slack with updating desktops. Long over due! Hey Apple don't forget Mini! Remember that one?

next Tuesday , judging by the amount of newbs posting about it around the interwebs :)

harry454

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
indeed thats one of the reason I partially believe it but like they say believe nothing you hear and only 50% of what you see

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Pic related, it's this thread...

train%20wreck.jpg

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
You're thinking too lowly of China.

Remember there was this uproar back then the iphone had a picture of this China Girl.

They were happily dressed in white and cam whoring.

That was just Chinese propaganda. They wanted the West to see how well they treated their workers. :D

I'm joking, of course; new protocols do demand equitable conditions.

deafainumonkey

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
(Sorry if it's been mentioned already)
If it's anything, the 24" imac 3.06ghz has an estimated ship of "discontinued" at the Apple store australia (at least ADC store).
But it's still free shipping, yay!

edit: if you select to add additional memory and nothing else extra; other configs still say 24hrs

tuc

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2003
this is off topic and only for my education as a non native english speaker:

i read the expression "he must of been an apple rep" instead of "he must have been an apple rep" or "he must be an apple rep" several times here on the board in similar contexts.

is the use of the word "of" here correct, is it slang/dialect or is it a regional expression?

i'm not nitpicking or playing grammar police. i just want to know.:)

Using "must of" here is not correct. It happens because typically speakers aurally contract "must have" to "must've". This, you will note, sounds pretty much exactly the same as "must of." So many people (including lots of native English speakers) think it really is "must of" and write it that way.

It's completely understandable, actually. You can't blame a six-year-old native English speaker from mis-learning it this way when they first begin to write. If you must blame someone, I guess it would be the kid's grade school English teachers for not straightening him/her out.

getting back to the thread topic: Let's hope for a MacMini update soon. Next week would be nice, but unfortunately a Dick Smith sales rep has zero credibility.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
(Sorry if it's been mentioned already)
If it's anything, the 24" imac 3.06ghz has an estimated ship of "discontinued" at the Apple store australia (at least ADC store).
But it's still free shipping, yay!

edit: if you select to add additional memory and nothing else extra; other configs still say 24hrs

We were told a couple of weeks ago that the Australian warehouse was cleaned out of 20s and slim picking on 24s. Also the usual line is new stock is awaiting custom clearance when they run out normally. At the moment the line is no new stock of current models.

Although its not uncommon for them to leave Australia awaiting stock for a month or more.

edit: I understand any BTOs are processed near the factor or Singapore then overnight air to Australia, which would explain the difference in shipping.

Baunkjaer

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not another "iMacs are coming" thread ... :rolleyes:

I know this is Macrumors and all, but why don't you people just buy the computer if you really need it? Yes, it's nice to be able to brag and boast that you have the latest spec but at the end of the day if the computer out now does the job for you or it significantly upgrades your existing system, then if you have the money buy it now instead of torturing yourself with buyers guides and rabid rants from people who "heard the iMacs are next week"!

And, for the love of God, will people stop speculating that the design is going to change ... IT'S NOT. I don't think it's going to get any thinner, hell it could get thicker if these much rumoured Quad Cores come to light. Apple made the NEW Macbooks look like the iMac, now go and add 2+2 and pray you come up with 4.

Some of you may or may not have read my other thread about the deal I got on the 20" 2.4GHz for £612. The order doesn't get sent to Apple until the 28th of this month, due to the deadline for employees taking advantage on the offer being the 27th. The Terms and Conditions state that the "RRP could go up or down", so there is scope for the latest models being upgraded and me receiving one of those anyway, should they launch before the order is submitted.

However, I'm sitting here on a 3 year old 17" Intel Core Duo iMac with 2GB or RAM, a 160GB Hard Drive, and a 128mb Radeon X1600. The current 20" 2.4GHz iMac represents a huge leap in performance, so I'm fine with the current models, especially for £612.47!
Wise words. Think I´ll wait a month more, and then buy the current - surely it will be a major upgrade considering my current MBP, which has, and still, served me well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.