The Incipio Silicrylic Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Greeney03, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Greeney03 macrumors member

I just got mine at my local AT&T for temporary use while waiting for SGP's Ultra Slider. Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pics are kinda blurry..

2. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

I bought the durashot or something, wish i woulda bought what you have there

3. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

I have a black and yellow version package. The BEST hard/soft shell case ever. My last incipio for my 3G/3GS device lasted more than 2 years without any damages except for the corners on that particular model (1st model revision). It also protected my iPHone which I dropped on concrete pavement and everyday dropping here and there. It's really that good and I trust incipio brand.

I am very pleased with this new cover. Now I can rest assured my iPhone 4 will be pristine. The soft areas collect lint and dust. But like the first generation covers for my previous iPhones, a simple hard puff of air from your mouth will remove the dust/lint easily. Not a problem!

I took the apple bumper off because it only protected the sides and to an extent the front and rear. Sure it looks much better than the incipio but it will look ugly as **** when it cracks from a fall.

4. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

What do you think of it? I had it on my phone for about 10 minutes. It looked terrible on the phone. I was driving and had it in car holder. I couldn't wait for a red light to get it off. I thought the fit was bad n the material was bad. N of course the design way too busy.
    You took nice pics though. Looking at these pics make it look decent. Whole other story in person!!

5. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

it does make your iPhone THICKER. But the only thing I didn't like about mine was the plastic which made it SLIPPERY. I mean the sides where you hold it are slippery! BAD BAD.

But you get use to it. I'd rather keep it clandestine. I like my phones that way. Great pics OP!

6. Surely Guest

Surely

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I ordered the Silicrylic for my iPhone, both currently backordered through AT&T. I'm curious though, and my question is directed towards anyone, as to what color the case is that's available through the online store. The product title says "Black Gell/Shell Combo" but the description says it includes "interchangeable pink & white colored gels with a silver shell." Which is it? :confused:

8. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

its both lol, it comes with two gels and a silverish shell thing

9. Greeney03 thread starter macrumors member

The white case comes with white silicon and pink..overall i like the case, the phone is covered all over. Though the sides are a bit slippery... I guess i can get used to it...it also add a little bit bulk, but like i said the whole phone is covered and protected. I was gonna get incipio feather but, it only protects the back and the sides...

10. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

So the SKU online isn't black? That's disappointing if true although I can deal with white & silver.

How slippery exactly? Does it feel unsafe in your hand?

11. Greeney03 thread starter macrumors member

Out of 10, 10 being the most slippery i would say 5...

12. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Hopefully it won't be too bad for me. There really aren't many decent (IMO) cases on the market right now unfortunately.

13. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Overall good case but I'm taking mine back because it messes with the flash (like most other cases) giving images a white out effect.

14. Jayp03 macrumors newbie

I just bought this case yesterday and overall, it's decent (3.5/5 if I had to rate it overall).

I agree with the fact that it really has no grip and can slip out of your hands if your not careful (5/10 in "slipperiness" sounds about right).

I can't really judge on protection from a drop (since it hasn't happened yet) but the hard plastic is fairly thin, as with the silicone core. But then again, if the both materials were thicker, the phone would just look too bulky.

I bought mine at a local AT&T store and I was able to fit the case and all before I bought it. I noticed the "slipperiness" right when I held it, but as of the cases RIGHT NOW, I believe this would be one of the top protectors available. Test it out before you buy it!

Regarding the price, it's a bit overpriced for just a simple piece of silicone and plastic ($29.99).

As a final note, I would happily return/exchange this case if I do find a better one within 1-3 weeks.

Hope this helps.

15. Greeney03 thread starter macrumors member

Indeed...

This is my only beef right now, however it's give and take...

16. Jayp03 macrumors newbie

I forgot to mention that; I can confirm that this case does mess with the flash a bit. It gives a minor white out effect, but a white out effect nonetheless.

17. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

I love the case for my iPhone 4! I just got it from At&T today, doesn't feel slippery at all but just right. I got the pink and grey combo.

Took some flash shots and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

This case makes me feel like my iP4 will be protected until the Otterbox case is out. No problems for me, I adore it, second best case I've had for an iphone next to Otterbox.

18. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Incipio now offers the NGP Matte online from their website. If the Silicrylic turns out to be too slippery I have a fallback since I ordered the NGP about an hour ago. I called one of my local AT&T stores yesterday evening and a salesman described the plastic of the Silicrylic as being like that of a car dashboard. If that's the case it will be safe in the hand when stationary but very slippery if it starts to move. I'll soon find out.

19. csrx macrumors member

I got one of these for the wife.
    Incipio says it's supposed to come with a screen protector. At&t sold it without one.
    Did anyone else get a screen protector with theirs?
    Thanks.

20. LastName macrumors member

I ordered the black case. It comes with a black gel and a yellow (I think - put it on the girlfriend's phone) gel. As for being slippery, the only time I have a problem is when I put it on a surface that's slanted. It does tend to slide. I don't have any problem holding onto it, though.

21. LastName macrumors member

No. No screen protector in mine.

22. seans5 macrumors newbie

Quality of the Screen Protector?

Hi all,
    I just received my Silicrylic today as well and it did come with the screen protector. I had poured through other reviews on the best screen protector to use before realizing this came with one.

So, for those that have one -- are you pleased with it? Should I go with one of the other recommended protectors or does this compare in quality?

Thanks!

23. rafter.shop macrumors newbie

Me too. Except maybe not. The flash thing really bugs me. That is reason enough alone to return it. But I'm also klutzy enough to want to keep it until a better solution is available.

I don't want to be the guy who buys something, uses it a couple of weeks and then returns it complaining that it was unsatisfactory. Can't have it both ways in my mind.

Maybe I should just look at it as a $30 short term insurance policy.

24. PennyPick macrumors newbie

PennyPick

I have this case and am returning it because the flash issue. Here are some pics to illustrate, even though "white out effect" gives a spot on description.

Attached Files:

25. Hovey macrumors regular

Are those of you experiencing the flash problem have the white or black case?