The Info I've been hoping for! (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stekerrod, Jun 9, 2008.

1. stekerrod macrumors regular

Just been looking on the O2 website and it turns out those of us who already have an original iPhone we can upgrade to the new one for free before the 11th of October, aslong as we agree to another 18 month contract with O2!

i wonder if they'll let us pay the £60 price difference between the 2 storage capacities and let me get the 16Gb one????

any thoughts on that guys?

Edit thought i'd add a quote from the O2 site
    "To thank you for being an iPhone fan, we're offering you an early upgrade to the brand new version when it launches on 11th July 2008. You won't have to wait until the end of your existing contract, all you'll need to do is agree to a new 18-month minimum term contract."

2. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

apparently, people on the £35 a month contract will have to upgrade to the £45 a month contract or be in the same boat as new customers - will have to shell out £99 for a new 8GB :(, thats the general consensus at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=496768

3. der boons macrumors member

der boons

it is actually up there on the o2 site now. The 8gb is free to upgrade on the £45 and £75 plans and its an extra £59 on the £45 plan for the 16gb which is also free on the £75 plan.

Why you would want to take the £8 on the £75 I don't know but there you go.

Think thats right anyway.

4. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

I'm sticking with my 1st gen until the 3rd iPhone :p

5. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    Hi

Looks like if you are an iPhone O2 contract customer and want to upgrade then you will have to upgrade via www.o2.co.uk between 11Jul-11Oct and not in store.

I am guessing that the phone will go on sale at 1802 and the website will be down or real slow. I am now going to spend the next 31 days worring that I will not be able to get a 3g 16gb iPhone in black.

Also what looks a bit strange is that on the apple uk website when you click on where to buy the 3g iPhone it only list's carphone warehouse and O2 are apple not selling this directly. Maybe due to the fact that the handset is activated in store Apple don't want to do this.

Alex:apple:

6. mattzilla macrumors newbie

I noticed that too. Which is a bit annoying if it's true, since I have an Apple gift voucher which I was planning on using to purchase the handset :(