The insanity begins...line forms in NYC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elgrecomac, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

The idiots in NYC have begun queuing up for the 3G. Now this is really stupid. The rationale is so that they don't have to wait very long while the activation process takes place and so they can be the first to buy a product that will sell in the MILLIONS in a matter of a few months.

Now THAT really makes sense to me. Wait 7 days to avoid a long activation process.

People, calm the phoque down and think. Its an enhancement on a phone that has been available for a year so just cool your jets. Wait until Sunday and walk into an AT&T or Apple store and pick one up in a matter of a few minutes.....just like last year. Believe me, no one will run out of these phones. Apple needs to sell a ton of them to compensate for taking the old phones out of inventory for almost 2 months. The people that run Apple are very smart and they believe in making a profit so they will do everything to make sure supply is not an issue.

If the phone were comparable to, say, a pair of great seats at a Led Lepplin concert (don't I wish), then it would be worth the wait, but for a multi-million unit, mass produced cell phone....come on, folks... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.