The intermittent internet issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hawkeye9935, Feb 2, 2010.

1. hawkeye9935 macrumors newbie

So an individual in my household took it upon himself to hook up an additional tv to our cable system using splitters he had. Not a problem with the tv thing but after pointing out that he forgot to reconnect the cable that supplies the interwebs to our house (he couldn't remember which one it was at first because he's useful like that) I have found that my connectivity (right word?) comes and goes but only from my Express to my MBP (the hardline connection from modem to MBP works fine). Turning airport on the MBP on and off works but i never had to do it before and it is aggravating me.

Sub-question, the logs found under 'wireless clients' in Airport Utility are rife with activity that has a 5 for severity. Being that I have never looked at these logs before, I don't know what is normal and what isn't. I was hoping someone could show/tell me what normal-functioning activity logs should look like and i will compare rather than typing out all the messages i'm getting (there are a lot). Or i can post if that would be easier.

Sorry to ramble but that's it, i promise.

2. tonyburkhart macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

Well, if the wired connection works, then the interwebs is okays to the Modem. Problem is in or around the AE or MBP.

Try resetting the AE to factory default.
    '
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3728

3. hawkeye9935 thread starter macrumors newbie

So far, so good with the reset. I would still like some insight on the client logs though....anyone?