The Internet.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darwen, Jun 12, 2007.

1. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

I would love to see flash but I am one of the few here supporting Apple's mistake to not include it. Here is my point: Flash is a 3rd party tool that many people use on the internet. The internet, the non watered down version, can still operate to a degree without it. Ultimatly there is a differance between the mobile watered down internet and what the iPhone is giving you.

"internet." The American Heritage® Science Dictionary. Houghton Mifflin Company. 12 Jun. 2007. <Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/internet>.

From what I can see, the iPhone still meets the qualifications.

2. neven macrumors 6502a

I don't like Flash. I can't think of a website I regularly visit that would be crippled without Flash.

That said, I think the demographic Apple is targeting likes their flying menus and exploding type and 30-second Flash animations. So... it's probably a genuine mistake.

As for "The Internet", it's one of those words that means pretty much anything nowadays. I'm sure there's a sysadmin somewhere who would disallow the term "Internet device" unless said device supported newsgroups and IRC.

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I got a friend like that ... he's also the type of person that will gut you if you say "an email". For example, "Sure Bob, I will shoot you an email about it tonight"

*shrug* ... freaks :D

4. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Flash support is HUGE!! Goodbye ever visiting Pittsburghpenguins.com, so no hockey highlights, this sucks BIG TIME :mad: Come on....The Wii even has Flash support, and Nintendo is not good at this media thing....at LEAST they understand how much of the internet is used with Flash