The ioad2 is suoerior to the MBA imho

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nychot, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Ok, i know i'll get xxxx. For this but the ipad is def a better computer. It does more easier than the MBA that i just bought. Plus the screen is inferior to the ipad. Admittedly i have old tired eyes and the 11 inch diesnt compare to the iosd screen. Plus ipad apps beats the standard aoole computer apps. I use my mac mini eith 23 inch screen for real work.

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

I can tell that was typed on the iPad.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

LOL!!!!!

I smell troll. The iPad screen better than the MBA? Are you running the retina display prototype? :rolleyes:

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You Win.

Flawless Victory...

FATALITY.

BL.

5. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

You win one internet.

7. jcg878 macrumors member

Actually it wasn't, since the iPad would capitalize "ipad" like my Air just did. He's just not bright and probably typing on a Windows computer.

8. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

If you're a really bad typist, "ipad" won't get capitalized (and other auto-correct things will also be skipped) if too many extraneous letters are added then deleted.

Besides, it's too funny to correct.

9. bcaslis macrumors 68020

It's lower resolution, but it's an IPS display, so in colors and viewing angle it is superior to any MBA or MBP display.

10. iExpensive macrumors 6502

iExpensive

Congratulations!
    You've managed to reach #1 for Ioad 2 on Google

11. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

iChoad

Fixed

I should copyright that just incase.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

IPS, ABD, or XYZ. I can tell you I've had iPad 1/2 since launch and been using my MBA for 12+hours a day since launch. There is no way on this planet that the iPad screen is better than the MBA. None what so ever. Regardless of what the paper specs say, the MBA 13" screen blows the iPad away. By about a mile and a half.

13. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

The iPad screen is actually better than the MBA in terms of viewing angles, color accuracy, brightness and contrast.

But being a tablet you tend to hold it closer to your face so the 1024x768 resolution becomes a bit noticeable with pixelated fonts.

I wish Apple would stick an IPS screen in a MBP or MBA, but I guess they jump up in price as you increase size and resolution.

14. 2IS Suspended

I disagree. As he said, colors and viewing angles (provided you're not doing it outdoors in sunlight) are better on the iPad. That said, i'll take my MBA over an iPad easy.

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

And this may be the case. So my point is that saying the iPad has an IPS display and therefore "better" than the MBA is pointless if in real life usage I hold the iPad closer to my face and it looks like crap compared to the MBA. I mean, at some point common sense has to prevail... :p

16. bcaslis macrumors 68020

The only advantage the MBA screen has is that it's a higher pixel density. If you read the complaints on this forum about the MBA screen it's all about viewing angles, contrast, and colors. Sorry, but the iPad 2 screen is better in all those aspects. I've had them all too and it's just the truth.

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I hear what you are saying, but I am looking at both of them right now as I type this, side by side, and I just don't see it.

Sign me up for the iPad HD because I am finding it hard to look at it after spending more time with my MBA... :apple:

18. 2IS Suspended

It's better in real life for many things guy. Pictures look better, colors look better. Reading text is about the only area the MBA screen prevails. Obviously "common sense" isn't what you perceive it to be.

19. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You are right. My eyes must be deceiving me. As I look at both of them side by side I must convince myself the iPad screen is better (even though it doesn't look it).

Got it. :rolleyes:

20. 2IS Suspended

You are right. My eyes must be deceiving me. As I look at both of them side by side I must convince myself the MBA screen is better (even though it doesn't look it)

Got it. :rolleyes:

See what I did there? You have an opinion and that's fine. Lets not pretend your opinion is the epitome of "common sense" you've had no less than 3 people disagree with you.

21. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

22. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Because as we talk about possibly ditching the MBA for an iPad (or vice versa), this "iPad has a better screen" mantra is quite confusing especially for folks who can't afford to compare them side by side for an extended period of time.

----------

And thanks for making my point. Just because three people disagree with me doesn't make my iPad 2 screen look better than my MBA screen... :p

23. 2IS Suspended

Which screen is "better" is relative I agree.

What is not relative however is colors ARE better on the iPad, viewing angles ARE better on the iPad, resolution density IS better on the MBA.

Which features are more important to the individual dictates which screen is better for them.

Someone said colors and viewing angle are better on the iPad, this is a fact, to which you replied...

Which makes you, well... Wrong. Since there are ways (on or off this planet) that the iPad screen is better.

24. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

What a post ... too much buddy ... who you trying to convince? Yourself?

It's at least the wrong forum to post in, hop over to the iPad forum fans there will welcome you I'm sure!

25. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, I don't want to go all Bill Clinton on you (depends of what the definition of "is" is :D ) but "better" is such an overused term. Better for what? All I can tell you is that while owning and using both of them right this minute, the MBA looks "better" to me. So I stand by exactly what I said.

If that makes me wrong, then bring it on. That still doesn't make the iPad 2 screen look any better than the MBA's... :p