iPad The iPad Air 2 is so thin ...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by UBS28, Jan 29, 2015.

1. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

.... that the plug of my In-Ear-Monitor is thicker than the iPad Air 2 itself, hence the iPad Air 2 isn't flat on the table. :D

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

..... That it vibrates terribly if the speakers are being used and are at 1/3 volume or higher. :eek:

:p

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

I returned my Air 2 because of that. Quite annoying when none of my other iPad's have that problem. Here's hoping for a vibration free Air 3.

4. sracer macrumors 604

sracer

It will be vibration free... Apple will reduce the maximum volume. ;)

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I have the same issue on my iPod Nano. It's like they designed these things to be used with EarPods and nothing else.

6. Danilo - Italy macrumors regular

... that I will keep my old but good IPad 4 almost till the new iPad Air 3.

7. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

I sort of like it that the device vibrates when the bass booms. It's quite immersing, kind of like sitting close to the speakers in a club. :) I can see why it bugs some folks, though.

8. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I completely agree with you. If you want a louder speaker, this was going to happen.

9. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I don't believe that at all. They could have better cushioned the speakers or somehow isolated the screen at least from the speakers. I didn't mind the back of the tablet resonating a little but trying to type or play a game whilst the screen resonated was obnoxious and unacceptable. Or, I'd have upgraded ahead of usual upgrade schedule.

Oh well. The next device generations aren't that far away.... :)

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Yep and if I know Apple they will make it even thinner and the speaker membrain will be the screen itself!

I am tired of thinner. If they removed the conventional ports on the new MBAir just to make it thinner . . . .:mad:

11. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

I can imagine if the speaker membrane becomes the screen itself, Ive would say "We found an innovate way to include a large front facing speaker" and "We found a way to revolutionize the iPad experience and it is extraordinary. Not only can you touch and see the display, but now you can hear and feel the display." :/

12. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Is this true if there is a case? I noticed the vibrations without my case, but with a case, no problems whatsoever. I dont know if its my particular case or if any case is enough of an insulator. I actually completely forgot about the issue until reading this.