iPad The iPad I really want

Discussion in 'iPad' started by QCassidy352, Nov 5, 2012.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Is an iPad 2 with retina screen. Now I know what you're going to say - that was the iPad 3! But no, that iPad was thicker, heavier, hotter, had worse battery life, and longer charge times - and the 4 is the same. I'd love to see the next iPad get back to iPad 2 levels in all of those things while keeping the retina display. That to me is the one worth waiting for - hopefully it's possible.

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Nay

I want a 9.7" Retina iPad mini with an IGZO display

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Exactly. And lighter than the iPad 2. Seriously, the weight difference between 3 and 2 isn't that big -- I'd be disappointed if the next iPad, which I suppose would be 5, wasn't lighter than the 2!

4. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

The next iPad will have an A7X with redesigned body that is thinner and lighter than iPad 2. Maybe even reduced bezel size given the weight reduction.

5. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

That's my hope. We shall see. Until then, I'll keep plugging along with the iPad 2. Of all the issues I mentioned, the heat on the 3 and 4 is really the deal breaker. It just makes using those iPads for an extended time uncomfortable.

6. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Lighter is what I want. I don't find the heat that much of a problem but it is uncomfortably heavy after more than 30mins of use. Not to mention, impossible to use in bed to read etc.