The iPad mini & iPad 4 have already devalued the iPad 2 & 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VFC, Oct 26, 2012.

1. VFC macrumors 6502a

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

You should probably worry more about using the device rather than being fixated on the resale price ;)

3. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Apple is selling the ipad 3 for $379 - refurb.

4. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

And the problem is? My iPhone 5 has devalued my old iPhone 4. Happens all the time with technology.

5. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

FYI, those were the same prices on Microcenter 2 weeks ago.....

Wait, I stand corrected, 2 weeks ago they were $40 off Apple's price (i.e. - $459 for 16GB iPad 3), today they are $50 off; they have devalued an extra 2%.

6. urkel macrumors 68030

Doesn't a cycle require a full rotation? This may be a one time break in refreshes in order to introduce a new product and Spring brings the true iPad 3 successor.

That's why I'm avoiding the iPad 4. It just seems like an interim product that is going to be update sooner than later.

7. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Gee, my car was devalued the minute I drove it off the lot. But, like my iPad 2, it still runs perfectly.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Excellent point.

9. urkel macrumors 68030

Resale value is standard topic when someone is trying to sell a non-Apple user for why Macs an iOS products are so great. So to dismiss it just because it is now discussed as a negative is ridiculous.

10. aka777 macrumors 6502a

I know, it's almost like everybody thought the apple devices are an investment.

When you have that many people buying something, the resale value was bound to drop.

----------

Highly doubt it. Sept/OCt is going to be the new release cycle for these device, right before the critical holiday sales period.

11. rustyb99 macrumors member

For the average user resale value is not a factor in their decision. On e you use a product it immediately loses its value. Most people bu what they need or want at the time and use it. They don't worry about whether or not they can make their money back in a year. The average user doesn't upgrade every year like the average user on this forum.

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Can I say *duh* without sounding too snarky?

The iPad3 devalued both the iPad1 and iPad 2 similarly. Don't bring up the shorter release cycle because not everyone bought an iPad2 on launch day.

13. sectime macrumors 6502a

All these i-egos imploding on Apple forums over "my stuff is old now" . :confused: