The ipad pro needs a kickstand

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kristoffer4, Oct 8, 2015.

1. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

Anyone else agree?
    I know you can get a case for it, but having it integrated would be so much better!

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

maybe, but that would take away from Apple's thinness design ethos. i cant see them building it into the actual body. makes it 'less tablet like' as well maybe.

perhaps maybe an Apple designed thin kickstand attachment or home dock or something?

3. Serban Suspended

the smart keyboard will do the trick. it has 2 spots, work/write and watch/browsing

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

True but that requires a fairly large extra purchase. I agree that it should have been built in. This is supposed to be the "pro" version of the iPad. Too many "pro" features missing IMO.

5. Serban Suspended

smart keyboard it's ok to be an separate accessory but pencil that is new and a big step should be in the box at least in the 128gb version

6. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

WOW. That was a different headline, new tools for the headphone jack people.

7. Macalway, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

Macalway macrumors 68000

accessory > a good one is the Keyboard for it (the one i'll get at launch.

Anyways, this would be so un-Apple to begin with :D

BTW, I just his minute watched that video Apple made for the first time. Almost s-fi like. Kinda cool.

8. Capt T macrumors 6502a

I think it would just add weight and bulk. For my uses, I prefer it the way it is. Have the option for a stand if I need it, but not a permanent attachment.

9. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

Eh, I don't think so. One thing I like about the iPad is how simple and no frills the hardware is. The kickstand on the Surface is useful, I suppose, but ultimately feels a bit over-engineered and it's just another potential point of failure, or a compartment to collect dust and grime over time. I'd rather just use a case or keep the tablet bare. Totally personal preference, though.