The iPad & the iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WiiDSmoker, Feb 24, 2011.

1. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Last year the iPad was launched and I was there with money in hand. This year the second generation of the iPad will be coming soon.

The original launched with 256 MB of RAM. The iPhone 4 came out with 512 MB of RAM. If the rumors are to be believed with the 2nd Gen iPad only getting 512 MB of RAM and going by the obvious pattern of the iPhone specs getting faster and more memory; it really bothers me that Apple is crippling a device that is intended to do a whole lot more than a phone.

Not only is it just a bigger device, but it is supposed to be used to do more tasks than the iPhone.

Am I the only one bothered by this? Why does a phone have better specs than a tablet?

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I am slightly annoyed by this but the fact is the basic iPad is less expensive than the iPhone. $499 compared to the entry $599 for the iPhone.

3. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I'm not too bothered by the specs to be honest, as it is the first generation iPad. However, if Apple doesn't do something for pele who own iPhones and iPads, I will leave for RIM or HP. The fact my iPad doesn't communicate with my iPhone is stupid. All of my read emails show up unread on my iPad. All of my calendar changes don't sync automatically, I have to open the calendar app and wait for it to sync. Same with the contacts, and I am using MobileMe.

My purchasing decision is basically left up to MobileMe's enhancements or features.