The iPhone 3GS doesn't charge while on a call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fs454, Jul 5, 2009.

1. fs454 macrumors 68000

I was just on the phone for a long period of time, and noticed my battery was creeping below 10%, so I sat down on my bed, plugged my phone in and continued talking.

10 minutes later I look at the phone while still on the call and the battery showed the plug icon status, but the battery was now at 4% and declining. I just ended the call thinking something was wrong and then it began charging when I hung up.

So what's the deal, the phone doesn't charge at all or even keep steady power while plugged in if on a call? I found that really strange, first time i've come across this problem across three iPhones. It's not just me right?

2. Coaldust macrumors member

Does the same on my 3g. Does it all the time in the car when on gps aswell. So if you can't have it plugged in charging while using maps etc. What the point ? It's really starting to annoy me.

The first iPhone I returned because the battery was Reading full and just dying. Would only give correct level after a restart. And now I'm dealing with this. Not knowing if it will charge or not.

Do we have defective phones here or what ?

3. jcb10 macrumors regular

Are you guys both sure that the iPhone's not just expending energy faster than the charger can put it back in? Calling and using updating maps are both power-intensive tasks.

Might want to try the experiment of doing the exact same tasks with and without the charger connected and seeing if the power drain is the same.