The iPhone 4 antenna problem is present on other iPhone (video)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by onecut, Jul 13, 2010.

1. onecut macrumors newbie

Hi, since I heard read about the iPhone 4 antenna death grip I decided to do some tests with my iPhones 3G and 3Gs (I don't have an iPhone 4).

On the video below I test my iPhone 3Gs (16gb ios 4) somewhere on my flat where I tough the signal was OK. in this place the signal drop very quickly if I hold my iPhone on a kind of way, the wrong one.

The video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhLFz9n-aTI&feature=youtube_gdata

Since I don't use my iPhone to make calls so often I cant talk about dropping calls problems but now if I have no 3G signal I check the way I hold my phone, as you can see on the video it give or take me almost the five bars.

Note: in Switzerland where I live we have the GPRS, edge and 3G networks. Orange own only the GPRS and the 3G so if I keep holding my iPhone the wrong way I go from 3G full signal to GPRS almos no signal, which is unusable for data.

Keep in mind that the spot on my flat seems sensitive to how I hold my phone, on other places the signal never drops like that.

Note 2: I have tested my iPhone 3G too and it loses signal as fast as my 3GS.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I know it exists on the 3GS. I haven't noticed it my 3G which is caseless.