The iPhone 4 ass.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by charliecc, Oct 12, 2011.

1. charliecc, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

charliecc macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2008
    Check this video out, I couldn't have put it better myself.

It's only a little mistake, but it really does need to be 99% accurate for this to not be annoying. If you're dictating a message in a car, where there is quite a bit of background noise, it needs to always be spot on as having to change any text using the keyboard will be frustrating and illegal. This guy pronounces S very clearly and is in very controlled quiet surroundings.
  2. niteriderxp macrumors member

Mar 16, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Well that is why when you dictate it a text message, it repeats everything back to you before you send it.

Something like ten years ago I bought a speech to text app, let's just say that it was some high quality family entertainment.
    Hope that things have greatly improved since then.

I like how he attempts to keep a straight face after seeing the error, but then loses it for a few seconds at 4:32.
    You'd think Apple would put in some auto corrections for common phrases, apparently not.

It's only a matter of time before someone puts up a site for Siri, in fact somebody had registered a domain for it back in August on GoDaddy.
  3. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

Jun 15, 2008
    Looks to me like Siri works pretty damn fantastically. Not sure why this guy looks so underwhelmed about it.