the iphone 4s gets pretty warm...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Oct 15, 2011.

1. entraik Suspended

anyone else's 4s getting warm after a bit of use? i can feel the heat in my hand. just asking because i never had this with the iphone 4.

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

3. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I noticed it yesterday but I don't remember if it was right after charging or playing with Siri for 45 minutes.

4. Sarngate macrumors regular

I was playing Infinity Blade before and it got warm to the point where you could feel the warmth. It's nothing to worry about, these chips can take a lot of heat and all of my other phones (HD2, ZTE Blade, Optimus 2x) got way hotter than that.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Using CPU intensive software like games, etc has ALWAYS warmed op the iPhone. There are physics involved here.

6. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

My wife made mention to that yesterday. I think that is why they made it out of glass to spread the heat out. I think some people can just feel the heat difference a lot better.

7. jamesmartinez macrumors newbie

Mine gets hot enough to be used as a hand warmer. I hope there is nothing wrong with it.

I also notice the battery consumption seems pretty fast. Turned off, it went from 100 to 85% charge after only 25 minutes.

8. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

Mine was doing the same with heat and battery consumption. It was also freezing up. Got it replaced and the new one seems fine

9. QuaziModo macrumors member

Charging Heat

Seems to heat up much more than my 3gs when charging. Was surprisingly warm but not hot.

10. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

I noticed this within the first two weeks of owning my iPhone 4. After that it didn't get as warm. Maybe it's something to do with the battery?

11. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I noticed it also. I'm chalking it up the phone being new and thinking it'll get to where it doesn't do it after I break it it.