Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollweevil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
For the past 3 days, I have hardly thought about the US presidential race. It feels nice. Thinking about politics makes me unhappy, but it is hard to avoid in election season.

Thinking about the iPhone 5 is much nicer, because even if my phone comes late, it still ends almost inevitably with a new toy. The presidential election is potentially much less fulfilling.

Teem45

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the laugh! There is a lot of Middle East crap going on which bears some attention, but you're right, it's very nice to have something else to focus on than 24/7 election updates. And we have iOS6 to keep us distracted for at least a few days starting on the 19th! :D

I hope you were able to get a release-day phone. I did, through the Apple Store app. It was two minutes before the status went to two weeks, phew! My usual AT&T site route just wasn't working this year, nor was the Apple site itself. At least now I can obsessively check order status updates on apple.com and avoid a few more annoying Facebook political rants!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.