The iPhone 5-Stop worrying and obsessing over rubbish rumours-let Apple do the work!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eperrine, May 17, 2011.

1. eperrine macrumors newbie

Hi. *Warning*, I am not a troll. I've been 'Apple loyal & obsessed' for about 5 years now! I am giving my personal opinion, accompanied with months and months worth of continuous research and understanding. Please leave now if you have an issue with this. :apple:

I'm sixteen years old, from Western Australia. My short term goal that i have been planning with a friend since November 2010, was to get the upcoming iPhone 5. We find the idea of queuing up for eight hours before a midnight launch at the apple store to be very exciting and exhilarating, so we're going to do it! We're going to bring our Macbook Pros, food and drinks and maybe even some magazines to keep us entertained during the long wait. But, this is irrelevant to the point of this post.

I, am fed up. Well, my friend and i are. Absolutely sick and tired of the iPhone 5 rumor mill. The continuous rubbish rumors that have been released EVER since the iPhone 4 came out, as these rumors continue to change and transform every single day, and not ONE of these rumors have actually been confirmed by Apple. From the release date going from December 2010, to May 2011, to July 2011, to September 2011, to November 21st 2011, and even early 2012! It's such a joke. I laugh at the people who decide to write this, i honestly do not know how they source their information. And not to mention the continuous specs features that continue being said, from the paper thin body to the 12 megapixel camera. Lol.

The current rumors from the past week is that there is little chance of it coming out this summer (even though that's bull for several reasons). Others are saying that there will not be 4G, or NFC, and to skip this iPhone 5 as it will only be a minor improvement, and to get the iPhone 6 instead. Oh, and now their have been 'leaked' images of the 5, oh how genuine it is! Of a 'divorced' camera and flash. Blah, blah, blah.. blah. I find this whole situation more humorous then informative.

When are people going to realize and understand that none of these rumors are true, and that all their doing is wasting their time and having all this inaccurate and false information affect their view of the iPhone 5? NOTHING is official until Apple announces it, and i find it rather sad that so many people have spent a year posting iPhone 5 information that is not true nor official, and usually inaccurate. No, again, I'm not hating Apple, their rather amazing and always reliable, despite the small iPhone 4 issues previously. And i highly doubt any of these discouraging rumors are indeed true.

So, to conclude, stop wasting your time reading false information, and let Apple do the hard work. There is no point worrying over it. At the end of the day, there's nothing that can be done to alter Apple's production of the iPhone 5. Whether it be good, or bad, but hopefully good in this fierce smart phone competition, we should just wait, and see, and stop obsessing so much about these pathetic rumors. I suggest waiting for the WWDC (three weeks away) until you make any other smart phone purchases (such as the HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S ll etc.)

Thank you for reading! Any other opinions, comments, suggestions, additions etc. you'd like to contribute; go ahead :)

2. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I read the rumors just for fun but never really take them seriously.

Some of the rumors even contradict each other. Take for example:

The iphone 5 will have a 4"+ screen
    The iphone 5 will have the same exact dimensions as the iphone 4.

Phisically imposibble.

Also the persistent rumor of no bezel. It is not possible as the phone will need phisical space to hold the screen and the antenna.

It is all for entertainment purposes :)

3. macftw95, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011

macftw95 macrumors newbie

Exactly!

OMG. I have been researching the iPhone 5 for months now, i've been waiting for someone to write something sensible like this for ages! And the iPhone 4 rumors was the exact same thing - And none of that happened either! This thread is touche, thanks for the motivation. I agree 100%. Let's wait to see what Apple has to offer in just under 3 weeks. :apple:

4. eperrine, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011

eperrine thread starter macrumors newbie

Hehe, very true! It is rather entertaining, very humorous indeed. I should take them more lightly, but i wanted to get my opinion out on how ridiculous the situation is getting.

Haha thank you, and no worries. It is a joke how much time people waste reading such rubbish rumor articles on the web. As i said before, just relax, the WWDC is just three weeks away, so that'll answer your 'release date' questions. I've always trusted apple with their standards of their products, so i don't think theirs any need to worry about that either!

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'm guessin' your new to these parts, partner. :rolleyes:

(A) = any number from 1 to 4
    (B) = any number from 1 to 4 plus 1

6. eperrine thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, i am :)

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They are called rumors for a reason, Apple never announces anything officially before the release. If you don't like to read rumors, then I don't really understand why you are on a site called macrumors.

8. macftw95, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011

macftw95 macrumors newbie

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I believe this post would be well received on the Apple.com forums.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, the hostility from most comes simply from you bashing people's interest in rumors - and that's the basis of this forum.

10. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

So, are you going to camp at the apple store door today? I think you might want to restock a lot, cause you have at least 4 months of wait to enjoy :p

11. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

It seems like you've never experienced it before, so let me just tell you...waiting in line for an iPhone is tons of fun! You spend hours interacting with some really smart and interesting people who like all the same things you do (Apple), and if the apple store is in a mall (mine was) you get all kinds of free stuff from local stores, and can even order food to be delivered to you in line (california pizza kitchen at my mall).

You and your friend are going to have a blast. I wish I still had the time to do that, I just order online these days.

12. Pomeless macrumors regular

Glad to see that at 16 you are able to determine what a rumor is.

Definition of RUMOR
    1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
    2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth
    3 archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event
    4: a soft low indistinct sound : murmur

13. collisos macrumors member

Not sure it can be said any better than that. The whole point of the site is to speculate and discuss. We're not freaking out or worrying, we just enjoy the discussion, that's all.

14. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Get of Macrumors then, this is a rumor site. Their is always going to be rumors of the next iPhone.

15 year old Apple fan from Melbourne BTW. :D