The iPhone 5 thread.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sangdushi, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Sangdushi macrumors regular

My tmo contract will be done by then hopefully just in time for me to get my first iPhone.

What do you think the 5 will have.
    -normal spec bump
    -retina screen 4"
    -even better camera
    -Siri will also be upgraded and even more useful.

2. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Hopefully all of the above.

But mostly, they should release an SDK for windows users :p. Not all of us have enough left after purchasing an iPhone to buy a mac just to program.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

It's release is at least a year away (if not longer)... who cares? :confused:

Might as well discuss the iPhone 5s / 6 while your at it :rolleyes:

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

5. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Eh, I dunno about that. Some have been saying Summer 2012 release, like 9to5Mac (don't forget, they were unfortunately right about 4S only). But of course, it could very well be October release, or even later... who knows. I think we can be fairly certain though, that it will be a redesigned iPhone both internally and externally.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

-bigger screen
    -better battery life
    -not made of glass
    -NFC

8. charliecc macrumors regular

I respectfully disagree.

I believe they were looking to launch the 5 this time round, but due to some manufacturing issues were forced to change to the 4S at the last minute. Let's face it, it probably took them less than a week to design the 4S it's pratically the 4.

They know that they're falling behind now, especially with some of the Android phones that are in the pipeline. I think they'd love to launch the 5 as soon as the manufacturing issues are sorted, but they will obviously be weary of annoying the customers who bought the 4S. IMO, the 5 will be ready very soon, but they'll put it off until June/July so at least the 4S owners think they've a bit of time with a "new" phone.

9. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

When the iPhone 3GS came out, there were Android phones with better specs and people said Apple blew it.

When the iPhone 4 came out, there were Android phones with better specs.

Remember when the EVO was anounced... the phone that was going to crush iPhone.

It didnt stop Apple taking 15 months to anounce a new phone.

So it doesn't matter what Android is doing. Apple won't rush anything.

And a week to design the camera system, the new antenna system, make it a world phone, getting the A5 in there etc

Not a chance.

The iPhone 4s has been designed and planned since the iPhone 4.

10. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

11. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I think there were a number of reasons why the 4S was delayed till October. The fact iOS 5 took a bit to develop, plus they released the Verizon and white models mid product cycle so they probably wanted to push those sales for a bit.

However with that not happening this time it wouldn't surprise me if it returned to a summer release.

12. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I don't think this is will happen.

13. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

The only people which need to program are devs which would probably have a MAC anyway.

14. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

You're missing the point. He obviously wants to be a dev but without having to shell out 1000 bucks for the chance.

15. Sangdushi thread starter macrumors regular

I would love for it to be late 2012 to early 2013

16. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

This person gets it.

Now I would absolutely love to get a macbook pro. I have played with them and like them and the OS, but after i paid my tuition and mortgage and other stuff including iPhone purchase i don't have money for the mbp. I do have a windows laptop which allows me to dev for android and WP7 (and symbian, meego, qnx etc) but not for iOS.

I understand there might be some limitations making it hard to do so but a windows sdk and xcode would do wonders for the appstore. Many more people would jump in and make exciting stuff :)

17. thaghost macrumors 6502

The main reason the next gen iPhone was delayed was the LTE chipsets for 4G. They have been having major problems in manufacturing them. They will probably finish the final product of the LTE chipset at the end of Q2 of 2012 and release the next iPhone in Q3 of 2012.

18. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

4.1 inch screen
    A6 processor (1.5ghz quad core)
    new design
    96gb storage
    1gb RAM
    12 megapixel back camera, 3 megapixel 720p hd front facing camera.
    iOS 6
    Even more carriers (virgin mobile, boost, Tmobile, some other small ones)
    led notification on front (like blackberry)

:D