The iPhone 6 Plus gets smaller and smaller each day I use it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp700p, Sep 21, 2014.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

When I arrived at the Apple Store on the 19th in the morning to pick up my iPhone 6 Plus (Space Gray 128GB) I played around with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus displays. The iPhone 6 was just too small. But when I held the Plus... holy crap did it feel huge! I started to sweat a little bit because I was starting to regret my purchase.

The Plus was a beast to marvel. Its shear size caused some looks as I walked around the mall playing around with my new gadget. I had a hard time using it 1 handed. It wasn't a deal breaker, but I enjoyed my 5S one handed operation.

As the day went on I was surprised how well it fit in my pocket. As I walked around, I barely noticed it in my pocket. I enjoyed being able to see more of a webpage, play games on a bigger screen, watch a video in 1080p resolution and typing was more of a breeze and enjoyable.

The next day as I got more comfortable holding the phone, I was surfing, texting and using my apps without any discomfort. On alot of tasks I was able to use it one handed. The phone wasn't as dauntingly huge anymore. It was the right size.

Today, the phone doesn't seem as big as it was before. I now have no regrets buying the Plus. I had to power on my 5S to do a delete and restore before selling it, and the 5S was way too small now. In fact, I can not go back to anything smaller then 5.5".

2. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Phone screens are like diamonds. They shrink over time.

3. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

Similar situation here, I went from a 5 to a Plus and handed my 5 down to my mom, who had a 4s. Just handling her 4s, it felt sooooo small. And then I jumped on my 6 Plus and it felt like a refreshing glass of ice cold water after a long jog!

4. mjschabow macrumors 65816

I'd return it for a new one if the screen is shrinking. Has to be a defect.

5. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Every time I think my 6 Plus looks big I picture my aunt blithely hauling out her iPad 2, wrapped in a protective case that can best be described as a tank in order to take photos.

Sometimes I use one hand. Sometimes I have to use two. And that's OK, because unlike some people, i don't masturbate and text at the same time!

6. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

Yep, agree 100%!