THE iPhone 8/8+ Case Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by willmtaylor, Sep 16, 2017.

1. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

While the dimensions are the same as the 7, many will want a new case for their new iPhone. What case are you planning on getting for your iPhone 8 or 8+, especially to the advantage of inductive charging?

2. Azzin macrumors 601

Azzin

3. Theozz macrumors member

Theozz

4. AE14 macrumors 68000

AE14

Looking at keeping my rhinoshield solid suit for my 8+ or the new version of the bodyguardz shock.

5. kennyfte macrumors member

kennyfte

6. craigo14 macrumors member

What is the best slim/minimalistic cases on the go at the moment?

7. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

The iPhone 8 is a couple tenths of mm larger (thickness and width) than the iPhone 7, but this shouldn't matter for most cases except those that were already very tight on the iP7.

8. Chromie macrumors member

Looking towards Totallee Leather Brown case.

Any similar leather cases to them?

Gunning for the iPhone X

9. TimeWarner18 macrumors member

TimeWarner18

Went with a black silicone Apple case and preordered a Spigen Thin Fit case in Rose Gold, hopefully it looks good on the 8+ SG.

10. celly macrumors 6502

celly

The only cases I use these days are made by Evolutive Labs. Been using them for on 6s+, SE and my wife's 5s and their 12' drop protection is no gimmick.

I have two Rhinoshield Playproof cases coming for my 8+. One clear/black. One black.

I have dropped my 6s+ so many times, I have lost count. The case is is bit banged up now but the phone looks as good as the day I bought it 2 years ago.

11. LorQ1027 macrumors regular

LorQ1027

Attached Files:

12. AE14 macrumors 68000

AE14

I had the clear/Black for my 7 plus. The clear got scratched easier than I would like.

13. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

A case or bumper from ThanoTech or RhinoShield. Great products from awesome companies.

14. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Interesting. When did you get your clear case? I wonder if they have improved them? I've put mine to some pretty heavy use (for me--as a case reviewer, I tend to switch my cases out a lot.) I used the PlayProof Clear Custom exclusively for the past month while I was out of the country and was very impressed with its scratch resistance...particularly for a clear case. I think it is an awesome case. And the custom patterned versions are less slippery than the plain ones, in my opinion, as well as looking much more interesting...

15. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

Hoping a 7+ owner who's had a case with both front and back protection for the pas year can help. It seems the likes otterbox, griffin defender, etc's quality has declined over the last few years if you by the product reviews. I've still got (looking pristine) iPod touches (v5 & 6) from being housed in defender cases, but there's reviews out there either loving these and the otterbox cases and others or they fall apart in a couple of months. I've noticed they've altered the design of the defender it seems...
    I am not keen on stick on screen protectors so want something that's built into the case.
    Second case is this which doesn't look that pretty, but again, QA seems to be a bit hit and miss...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhone-5-5-inch-Feather-Light-Composite-Military/dp/B01LXNS6N6?th=1

Third alternative is I am pondering one of these loopy cases that my Facebook feed seems to show me all the time because I am in that definite use case of picking up too much stuff at once and my current 6 losing out to the floor...

Just one note on wireless charging. My work Lumia 950XL is in a cheap amazon hardshell case of two parts (back only) and the £6 Nokia end of line QI charger I got works fine with it.

16. chanerz macrumors 65816

17. edfoo macrumors 6502

Never try the genuine Apple leather case before so would like to get one for 8+.
    Heard the Apple silicone case is more grippy and cheaper too, hmm decision, decision.

18. michial macrumors 6502a

michial

Can anyone vouch for their Apple leather sapphire case after months of usage? How’s it doing and do you have any tips on preserving and maintaining leather cases?

19. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

The silicone one is SO much better. Much grippier, and doesn’t wear out.

20. kawalerzysta macrumors regular

kawalerzysta

21. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I prefer the leather, as it ages gracefully and becomes more unique.

22. michial macrumors 6502a

michial

What do you mean by unique? Any color preference?

23. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The stains, scratches and wear make yours, yours. Saddle brown or navy.