The iPhone can now MAKE COFFEE!! (NEW VIDEO INSIDE)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Theappmachine, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Theappmachine macrumors member

Theappmachine

[​IMG]

And yes! I'm proud to announce the launch of a really "unbelievable" app: MAKE COFFEE!!

This magic app will tranform your iPhone and iPod Touch into an amazing portable coffee machine!! Astonish your friends and invite them to share a coffee with you via mail or Facebook!

Check out the site to watch MAKE COFFEE in action: http://www.make-coffee.net

Click here to directly go to the Appstore

2. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

My iphone already:

- does laundry
    - washes dishes
    - bathes my dogs
    - mows our lawn
    - feeds our fishes
    - fetches our mails.. sorry, thats our dog

and you come up with coffee!!! come on :rolleyes:

3. fluffer macrumors member

4. Theappmachine thread starter macrumors member

Theappmachine

Hey, we are from Italy... we know how to make good coffee :D

p.s.
    ... but I love american regular coffee too yumm!

5. kelvincrispy macrumors newbie

That's funny apps but I wonder what is the use of this types of apps, just for fun??
    Means it's not making real coffee for us and after 2-3 times it will being boring, so why to download and why to waste memory space in iPhone.

6. Theappmachine thread starter macrumors member

Theappmachine

I understand your point of view, but I think is an app you can show to a lot of your friends and family to have some fun... more than 2 or 3 times, but in every occasion it could do the trick :)

It is a very light app (only 2.4 mb) and it doesn't take a lot of memory space... we conceived as a small app but taking care of every visual detail.

7. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

>>The iPhone can now MAKE COFFEE!! <<

Not for a buck it don't, at least not on my iPhone.

While cute in a way, this might be the most over-priced app I've seen yet considering it's a one-trick pony with no real use other than a blow-me-off "that's nice Mike" reply from a friend who will think I'm nuts usung this app to show off an iPhone.

Sorry, I do not see the appeal nor the developers enthusiasm. There are hundreds of other apps, many for free, that do MUCH better towards "show to a lot of your friends and family to have some fun".

What's next, a $0.99 iToaster app that loads iBread or iPopTarts?

Mike

P.S. Searching the App Store this is the only app I see for "The App Machine". If this is your first and only app so far, I offer a word of customer advice. Apps like this should be free if they do nothing of real substance other than a one-second giggle from someone it is shown to. Assuming you will be making more apps, offer apps like this for free and use them to make a name for yourself via having a gallery of apps and use the experience to develop your skills so when you have an app that actually deserves to make $ for you, it will be worth it to customers and you will sell more of them and make more deserved money than this one likely will. Right now all I see is someone trying to make some quick bucks off what he/she perceives to be a money tree. I may be off the mark with what your intent is/what but that is what it comes across as.

8. Theappmachine thread starter macrumors member

Theappmachine

I understand what you mean and I think that this is an app people can love or hate. I mean, people that had seen it had real opposite reactions. Someone said "wow this is a genius app!!" or "god, this is the most useless thing on earth"

I think that the comment I prefer is: this is the most useful useless app! :D

About the price... well... even behind small apps there's a budget... internet domains, subscriptions to the apple program, time (I mean... the app doesn't look crappy I think... it doesn't make real coffee but looks cool!) and we are selling it at the lowest possible price...

By the way I'm happy because the launch yesterday was a blast and lot of people are loving it :)

9. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

10. Theappmachine thread starter macrumors member

Theappmachine

I don't know what you will think about it but actually in France and Italy Make Coffee is already one of the top apps!

Our Video is on the home page of youtube France as one of the most viewed video of the country (2nd of the entertainment category and 6th above all videos) and they are scoring together more than 30.000 view in 3 days only!

We are already working on a second raving mad video!

What ---> I <--- think is that maybe people got a bigger sense of humour than what we think and that one dollar worth a smile :)

11. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

you're doing it wrong

:D

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

This app and a dollar will get you a doughnut where they sell doughnuts for a dollar...

13. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Just another example of the crap that fills the app store...

14. aluren macrumors 65816

Title is misleading. OP, please change the title. This app makes animations of a coffee machine, not coffee. In which case, I would not download this app even if it's free.

15. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

You need to say that it simulates making coffee, or makes "virtual" coffee.

16. Theappmachine thread starter macrumors member

Theappmachine

Don't you think is quite plain and clear that the title is a joke? That is something meant to have fun? I mean... if you explain the joke is not funny? no?

17. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

You are saying that your app is "unbelievable"...seems like you are pretty serious to me.

18. Theappmachine thread starter macrumors member

Theappmachine

You know... I'm using a "satiric code of humor"... Steve Jobs claims that every Apple product is unbelievable... amazing... gorgeous... I do the same but with something so "unbelievable" that is actually impossible to believe in it! I think is pretty clear. As you can see if you have to explain a joke... is not funny anymore :|

Luckly a lot of people think Make Coffee is a funny app, but hey... we all have different opinions! ;)

19. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I have never understood novelty apps, but at least some are well designed. A little worried about what your later price will be, but you could spend your $1 in worse ways. :p

20. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

what? you entered this thread believing the iPhone could now actually make coffee? lol

21. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Shouldn't it be "Espresso"...

...not "Expresso"?

22. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

When it can produce the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, send me a pm.:)

23. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

When I saw this topic title...I thought it was some sort of remote controller for an automated coffee machine.

Now that would be totally handy. Being on the way home, open the app and get your coffee made waiting for you when you come home.

I can dream...

24. Theappmachine thread starter macrumors member

Theappmachine

25. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

You can't be serious.