Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phredo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Well, check this screenshot from http://design4dough.wordpress.com

iblade.jpg

Convinced?

crazyitalian198

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2006
Give him some credit. The keypad is rounded with chrome edges and a slick black face. It also has buttons that do resemble colorless application icons. I definately see it but I doubt there was any inspiration here...

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
I can see it now Steve was watching Blade Runner and it popped into his head "hey I'd like a phone that looks like that doors key pad":rolleyes: Damn I wish he had been inspired by the flying cars or that I scanner thing, or those hot Replicant chicks.

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hah ... I'll admit that the 'vibe' is pretty close.

Inspiration comes from a pool of many sources -- this very well may have been dug deep in Ive's subconscious somewhere without him even realizing it.

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
Damn all the cool stuff and hot chicks in that movie and he's inspired by a common key pad, boy he really is a geek.

When are we getting the iChick Replicant?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Hah ... I'll admit that the 'vibe' is pretty close.

Inspiration comes from a pool of many sources -- this very well may have been dug deep in Ive's subconscious somewhere without him even realizing it.

Agreed. And Ivy was the prime age for having his young impressionable brain tattooed with the imagery of the then newly released Blade Runner.

That said, I think Ive's designs across the board owe more to Stanley Kubrick than Ridley Scott.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.