The iPhone DF Syndrome

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by servermin, Jul 16, 2008.

1. servermin macrumors newbie

This is a self-diagnosis not from WebMD, but just as I was thinking today. Of course while I was thinking, I was hitting refresh 5 million times on the ATT order status page. Why it keeps going down? That's because we all have DF Syndrome.

What is DF Syndrome and why do we have it?

For those of us that purchased the iphone, we most likely bought it, because we can have the world at our fingertips at any second. We will pay close to $100 a month for phone and internet service, which at home, we complain that DSL is over $20 a month.

The reason we become so uneasy, stomachs churn, and hit the refresh button is because of not being able to have the world at our fingertips yet.

It is justified. If we can't make it one second without having information on our phone, how can we possibly wait now. In just a few hours when I pick my phone up, even though the order status page says it is backordered, I will have waited 475,200 minutes. Some say it hasn't even been a week. But think about how many seconds it has been.

I know this is pointless, but it kind of justifies my tension while waiting for my 16gb Black iPhone. I know, I have DF Syndrome bad.

My thoughts.

-Kris

2. yode macrumors 6502

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. heyp macrumors 6502

5. Amyaz macrumors newbie

Kris, I feel your pain.

I'm not quite in syndrome-territory yet - but I may be if my white one doesn't come tomorrow :p

6. servermin thread starter macrumors newbie

Direct Fulfillment, AT&Ts joke of an ordering system.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

8. servermin thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I hadn't had any updates online really, but had a call from the Rep I bought from and said to come pick up my 16gb iphone. I drove 20 miles last night to pick it up and my phone wasn't in!

They took my receipt and put it on someone else's box. That guy was there right then buying it. It was an 8gb so I couldn't do anything about it, but it got my hopes up. I guess I'll have no phone for my vacation tomorrow.