The iPhone glass was put on crooked... Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Sep 21, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Okay... so I've had this refurbished 1st Gen iPhone that I got from eBay for a couple of months now. I noticed that the glass on the front wasn't placed centered within the chrome border. It's crooked so one side is smashed up against the chrome and the other side has a gap. Normally, this type of thing wouldn't bother me because it's very hard to see, but the problem is... if I wipe my iPhone with my shirt, tiny pieces of fiber get stuck in the side where the glass is mashed up against the chrome... then I have to sit there and carefully try to pull the little fibers out and it's very tedious and annoying. Is there anything I can do to make it stop?

From my understanding... the glass is glued to the screen on the 1st Gen iPhone. Does anyone else have this problem?

By the way, it's still under warranty but, I doubt Apple would take it back for something as stupid as this. It just really sucks having to pick fibers out of the crack between the glass and the bezel.

2. Amt macrumors regular

You should still try taking it to Apple and seeing if they'll replace it. They should, if the iPhone came that way.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

That would drive me crazy. I would take it back, and wipe your (white) shirt with it a few times before you do, to get a bunch of fibers in there so they can see what you mean.

4. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Yeah, why don't you use your iPhone to clean the filters on your tumble dryer and then take it in.

Don't forget to ask for one of those little lint-free cloths when they hand you your refurb. ;)

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm always afraid to get an iPhone with worse problems... it's kinda scary.

On the other hand, I could get a way better iPhone without any negative blacks and a brighter screen and no light leaks. This one has 2 small light leaks, a dull screen and a slight negative black problem.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Definitely get it replaced. They still had quite a few refurbs for v1 iPhone to get them through 2009-2010, when I checked last week.

7. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Do you think Apple could replace it for something like this? It just sucks when they don't believe you have a valid complaint. I brought this same phone in for a negative black issue and they didn't see a problem so they sent me home with the same phone.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Take it back. I took a 3G iPhone with a screen that was not flush on one end. It really looked bad, with dust in the crevices. Replaced it right away. :cool: