The iPhone + GMail + Exchange Invitation = Meeting.ics

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CylonGlitch, Aug 18, 2010.

1. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I can't be the only one going absolutely nuts with this, can I? I have a Gmail account setup (using the Gmail setting on the iPhone). It looks good, I can see my emails and everything, EXCEPT I get exchange invites as Meeting.ics attachments that I CAN NOT READ!

This hasn't been bad, but it is getting more and more important for my work, I'm missing appointments and such. I **NEED** to be able to accept or decline appointments from my phone.

If I have to switch to some other service, that is fine, but I HAVE to have this functionality. From what I have read, you have to have at least ONE exchange account, and then it will work. But I don't, and unless I can find one for free, I won't. Please help!

2. CylonGlitch thread starter macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Some additional information. I just deleted all of my email addresses on my phone, then setup the GMail account. I logged into a GMail calendar and sent and invite and sure enough, it worked!!

I setup all my other accounts and everything looked good, so happy! Woohoo!

Ok, premature Woohoo.

I then had my wife send me an invite from her exchange server.

No luck, meeting.ics attachment. :(

WTF?

3. TPS Reports macrumors newbie

I don't think any meeting.ics files work on iphone -- not just on your google account. I have the same issue and have searched it, but found no solution.