Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iris Chrome

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
Did you ever have a pre-release of iOS 5 on your machine? I'm guessing the version of iOS 5 stored in your iTunes is an expired beta.

No, actually this is the first iPhone I connect to this laptop. Never connected an iPad to it either and haven't connected my iPod touch in almost a year. My iTunes is version 10.5 but I'm still using snow leopard. I don't think that should make a difference though.

If I can't get this fixed by friday, I'm gonna have to take my iPhone back :(

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
Is anyone still receiving this message when they restore their iPhone?

I just bought a new AT&T 4S as device only yesterday. When I plug it in to iTunes everything seems fine but when I try to restore, it gives me the message "the iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." I put the phone in DFU mode but I still get the same message. There isn't anything helpful on Apple's website either.
have you jail broken any other idevices? if so there may be remnants of the jailbreak on your system...I had the same issue with my iPad because my iPhone was jailbriken but my iPad was not. I can't remember the website but I found instructions on how to change the wording of one file and after doing so I was able to update my iPad. just do a google search with the error message. good luck.

Iris Chrome

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
^^ Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! You're the most awesomerest :D

I had jailbroken my iPod touch eons ago and completely forgot that I had set iTunes to Cydia servers. It was so simple once I figured it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.