The iPhone is rubbish...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lee.anderson, Jun 4, 2010.

1. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

Anyone else, after using the iPad for a couple weeks, pick up their iPhone and can't even comprehend how they used it with such a small screen?

I can't believe that only two weeks ago, the iPhone was my most used gadget, and after 2 weeks with the iPad I can barely use it now :D

2. mrcc macrumors regular

this has been posted before. but yes my ipod touch is so small now. i don't even use it. When i went to Maui last week. I took my ipad not my ipod touch.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Not to start a flame war, but I ditched my iPhone for a Motorola Droid a couple of months ago and couldn't have been happier.

For what it's worth, it too has gotten tossed aside in favor of the iPad. :D Its to the point I don't want to surf the Internet on it anymore. Amazing.

4. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Try making a call or how about taking a photo/video with your iPad? :rolleyes:

5. ukyo229 Guest

Payphone. Real Camera > iPhone.

6. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I can't do that on my iPhone, either. Advantage: iPad. ;)

7. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Haha yea it's true, I've been iphoneless for about 2 weeks now but ive had my iPad for about 4 days now, anyway I finally picked up another iPhone today and wow, where to begin, the screen looks horrible compared to the ipads, the keypad is damn near impossible to use now (it just feels tiny), all the icons feel really cramped, I just don't want to use it for anything but calls and texts anymore

8. The Doop macrumors member

You guys are weirdos. There is a place and time for each device.

9. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I don't know about the first part, but I definitely agree with the second sentence.

10. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

I've said this all along, the iPhone screen is too small. It was large for its time, but now the Dell Streak has a 5" screen, and some HTC model phones have larger screens as well. Hence, when you go to a device like the iPad you dont want to go backwards. Its a big change, and yes each device is for a purpose, and it looks like the new iPhone screen wont be any larger.

11. spectre51 macrumors 6502

spectre51

Yeh the iphone feels small after using the iPad. But its still the best phone out there IMHO.

12. PCClone macrumors 6502a

That makes it rubbish?

13. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Or try using your glamorous iPad as a shopping list at a supermarket.

Unfortunately, I had to ditch my iPad because I found too many situations where I so wanted to bring the iPad with me but couldn't.

Use it at home? Why, when I can use my MacBook Pro, which has larger screen, more RAM, faster CPU, etc.

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Droid Does. :p

15. raymond lin macrumors regular

For most things i usd the computer for, such as web, emails, msn, facebook. No amount of ram, or the screen the size of Texas will make it faster, nor CPU speed for that matter, my pentium 3 can surf as quick as my iMac.

16. AldoRay macrumors member

Agreed, I use both of them, often. Then again, I'm such a, what is it called, "Fanboy"?, (not really sure what the he'll that means, I think I have read that in these forums). Hell, at this point I'd buy cat **** if it was made by Apple.

17. imlucid macrumors 6502

I can't remember the last time I saw a working payphone...

18. Shank2001 macrumors newbie

Um no. I have used the various droids and while some were somewhat nice, none of them were any competition to my fully decked out 3GS. I have already converted many of my friends from various android phones over to the iPhone. Even though I have never felt the need to, they have all jail broken their iPhones, and when you do that, there is really no reason whatsoever to be envious of an android phone, the iPhone experience is just so much better. Google has made strides in android, but has quite a bit more to improve before it will be in the same league as the 3GS let alone iPhone HD.

19. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

When it comes to web surfing, it is very nice experience on iPad indeed. However, one gripe that I have with iPad and other touch-based devices is mouse hovering. You can't do that with your finger. I visit quite a few websites that have menus, links with mouseover effect. And I remember it was a pain trying to trigger a link/menu with my finger.

20. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

My iPhone fits in my pocket. My iPad does not. My iPhone is no more rubbish b/c of the iPad than a #00 screwdriver is b/c of #2 screwdrivers.

21. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

:) I know what you mean.

22. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

Well my iphone is not "rubbish", but I know what you mean. It does feel horribly cramped in comparison. The iPhone used to be my bathroom buddy, but iPad has that honor.

However there is room in my life for both. The iPad is "rubbish" when I am out and about. I don't carry a murse to put it in and it won't fit In my pocket.

23. fjfjfjfj macrumors regular

I know exactly what you mean. Seems smaller, much slower, and the funniest part...I couldn't stand how spread out the icons were on the iPad when I first got it and now the iPhone icons looks like the weird ones all smooshed together.

24. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. ;) I had the original iPhone on iDay and the 3GS the day it came out. It is VERY nice. But the Motorola Droid runs circles around it, with a higher screen resolution, real keyboard when I need it in a very similar size, and true customizability. And best of all, I can load on it whatever I want. :p With the 2.1 update and the multitude of custom ROMs that the Android dev community puts out and maintains, the Droid is much better experience for the techie. I can download files to my 16GB card and browse them with a file manager and copy them to/from my PC without problems. I already enjoy widgets, folders, Google Navigation, and I'm even running OCed at 1.2GHz and the thing is super stable. Granted, that is not for the faint of heart. :D

I guess that's why there's many colors in the rainbow... :cool:

25. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Touché!! :D