The iPhone on Verizon Charity Drive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thetexan, Jan 7, 2011.

1. thetexan macrumors 6502a

There's lots of discussion about the Verizon iPhone. Will it happen? Will it not happen? Lots of "facts" and even some psychoanalysis on Steve Jobs himself on the reason for their predictions. Some of it is getting just down right nasty, and perhaps we can turn some of our internet opinionated attitudes into good.

So I propose lets make it interesting: Put your money where your mouth is, and place a "bet" of sorts. The cut-off date as far as this contest is concerned for having the product on the shelf for sale is 2/14/11, so bet that Verizon will or will not have the iPhone by 2/14/11. Then, set your bet by pledging $X to a charity or good cause of your choice if you are wrong.

I'd like to avoid discussion on the actual topic of why you believe what you believe since there are countless threads on the subject. Just a simple statement saying what you believe, and what you'll be willing to part ways with if you are wrong.

I'll start:

I bet Verizon WILL have the iPhone on sale on or before 2/14/11. If I am wrong, I will donate $100 to Child's Play Charity (http://www.childsplaycharity.org/)

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

pass....waste o'time....in fact I'm giving 1 mill to all of Canada, Canada line up

3. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

I actually kind of like this, this has been a long discussed rumor.

Put your money where your mouth is people.

I pledge $50 to the same charity.