The iPhone really is durable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tj8, Jul 31, 2008.

1. tj8 macrumors newbie

I've got a first gen iphone, and i read some articles ages ago about it being really really durable. And of course i believed it and such, and decided against upgrading to the 3g version, not because i love my current one so much or because im so anti 3g, im just too lazy to go to an apple store. maybe when one comes closer.

anyway, back to the topic, the durability. i was leaving work (maintenance) last wednesday and as i worked out of the complex i have to go on a narrow road to get out, but just my luck a driver who is on the phone swerves off the road. at this point i was texting someone so my phone was in my right hand. i managed to move my body as close as i could against the fence/hedge thing to avoid the car but my right hand was smashed by the side of the car throwing my iphone and breaking 3 fingers and a wrist. agony yeh? i was quite worried about my phone, so i went over to find it, and it had locked itself, so i unlocked it and the text was still there and the phone looked fine! a bit of scuffing on the aluminium back but that was it! the driver was a bastard, paid for the hospital though which is great.

so to sum up, don't go on the phone whilst you're driving and the iphone can withstand a car smashing into it! hurrah!

2. TonyMil macrumors member

3. tj8 thread starter macrumors newbie

ahh its nothing really, broken wrist and some fingers is minimal! and i get days off work so thats good! optimist! haha

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your extended weekend! :)

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I am still using an original iPhone with NO CASE and the thing has been scratched, dropped, and kicked yet still going damn strong

Love it