Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
The white iPhone is like this mystical creature that you only see photos of, but haven't seen one in person yet.

The Apple website had the White iPhone for MONTHS before it got pulled, same with AT&T.

After the Verizon iPhone announcement, their webpage had the White iPhone also, but it got pulled too after a few hours.

So, is this ever going to be released? This summer maybe?

I want the Verizon iPhone now when it's first released, but I want the White iPhone even more. Worth waiting? I don't know.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
From the Verizon iPhone 4 promo page, when you click "More About iPhone 4" All of those images are actually being pulled from an Apple server, and at first, Apple was sending images of the White and Black GSM version of the iPhone 4, so they quickly caught their mistake and fixed it (and removed the White model from the promo images).

that being said, Andy Inako of the Chicago SunTimes asked a Verizon Rep during the Hands On Portion of the event (following the announce on Tuesday), if they plan to launch the White model at the same time as the Black model, the reps response was that Apple's Official Response is that the White version will be available in the Spring to both Verizon and AT&T.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
The white iPhone is coming with the iPhone 5, let's just hope it comes so the rest of the year people stop creating threads like this.

Get over it, it has been 7 months now!

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Who knows when we'll actually see another white iPhone. My guess is when the next iPhone is introduced.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
From the Verizon iPhone 4 promo page, when you click "More About iPhone 4" All of those images are actually being pulled from an Apple server, and at first, Apple was sending images of the White and Black GSM version of the iPhone 4, so they quickly caught their mistake and fixed it (and removed the White model from the promo images).

that being said, Andy Inako of the Chicago SunTimes asked a Verizon Rep during the Hands On Portion of the event (following the announce on Tuesday), if they plan to launch the White model at the same time as the Black model, the reps response was that Apple's Official Response is that the White version will be available in the Spring to both Verizon and AT&T.

That's good to hear. I'll just wait til Spring to get the white one. Also, if its going to be a 32Gb/64Gb model, then I would love to have the extra 16Gb.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
For anyone that is on Twitter, they know this person is a TRUSTED VZW source:

"Ahhh long day is over.. now to answer some ?'s. White idevice..it exists, is it coming for sale? Who knows ask jobs bout color issues"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.