The iPhone X leather case and Mophie wireless charging pad

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The Game 161, Nov 7, 2017.

1. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

[​IMG][​IMG]

Charging pad is an ideal size and the cable is very long too which is ideal.

First impressions of the leather case is quite slippery for me.

2. The Mad Mule macrumors regular

So would you recommend that Mophie charger? I have a feeling all of those cheap ~$25 ones come from the same pool.

And I can confirm that the leather case is a bit slippery; got out of my hand yesterday and the phone bounced on tile floor, but no damage.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors P6

The Game 161

Yeah it’s good. Very good size and ideal when going away for the weekend. Although I’ve found it’s on the pad charging now and notifications don’t come through on my Apple Watch while this is happening for some reason

4. csurfr, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017

csurfr macrumors 68020

I also recommend this charger. Picked it up yesterday and all seems well. The LED is actually very dim at night, unlike the Samsung that I had that flooded the entire room.

I’ll have to check on the Apple Watch notification issue that was mentioned. That would indeed be a (albeit small) problem.

Edit: I just received an email notification on my watch with the phone on the Mophie. No problems at all.

5. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors P6

The Game 161

yeah think was just an issue with my connection. switched off my phone and on and works again now.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have the same setup. Mophie works well. The leather case is definitely slippery when new.

7. LordCoe13 macrumors regular

LordCoe13

Same setup here as well. I have the red leather case and love it with the charger. I prefer cable by my bedside so that I can charge it while I use it in bed. I have the mophie charger for my desk so I do not have to worry about plugging in and unplugging while it is on my desk. I noticed the leather is more slippery as well compared to my silicone case that I had for my iPhone 7. I wonder if that'll change with use.

8. masahito macrumors newbie

masahito

How long does it take for a full charge from about 10 - 20%? Just wondering if wireless would be easier since my phone already just sits flat on my nightstand.

9. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors P6

The Game 161

will do a full test soon but when I charged from 85 to 100% it was quicker than i thought to be honest.

going forward i will certain use only wireless charging when i go to bed. just far easier

mophie charging pad for the lounge and the the one from samsung that stands up for at night. good combo I reckon