The Ipod in the iphone needs an overhaul

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fenderbass146, Jun 3, 2010.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Come on apple, lets get back to basics, why can we still not delete songs without syncing to a pc, this is ridiculous, my dell DJ in 2004 could to that. Deleting music would be nice, however ideally I would love to be able to edit songs, such as changing band name, or especially adding album art without having to sync to a pc. With internet access media devices, these should be a no brainer. Does anyone else agree.

Also are there any other items or features you want added to the ipod app?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I agree with everything you said and think they need to put more emphasis on song information rather than drowning everything out with album art. Sure, it's pretty but when I'm driving and my phone is jacked in down by my head unit it's damn near impossible for me to read song title, artist and album information. The old iPods were perfect.

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

i have no definite need for those things but it would be nice for the occasional time i do need them :p

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i want this but in the photos app that has my synced photos i cant delete

5. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502

Main thing I want is the ability to turn off cover flow. And if they would recognize mp3 dl's from the internets into the iPod.

6. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

Which is precisely why I bought a 3rd Generation on eBay and now use it as my main iPod. They are by far the best.

7. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I heard you'll be able to create playlist from the iPhone in 4.0 now.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The whole syncing to itunes on your mac is a bit dated. We're not talking about 2005, but 2010. They do have mobileme and syncing why not extend the use of mobileme into a viable cloud computing solution.

9. swinneyn macrumors member

swinneyn

Yes, you can and it works great!

The new orientation lock feature in 4.0 is your solution for cover flow.

10. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Would be nice if iTunes 10 supported wireless sync + facebook intergration.

11. allonym macrumors regular

I pretty much love the iPod app as it is except for the way podcast updating is handled. I'd like 1) push notification of new podcasts, 2) downloading without leaving the iPod app.

12. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

No, the 5G is the best. :p

13. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

That's be awesome!!

But you know what has been bugging me the most? Static song titles no matter how long the title is. What the hell is their problem? How hard is it to make the damn thing scroll? Have been sending feedbacks since 2007. Nada. :rolleyes:

14. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

It works fine I guess but I'm getting a bit bored of the dumbed down interface and I want a proper EQ. I still find the classic and nano's the best to use.

15. meisterjager macrumors member

When I want to play all the songs of a particular artist, my iPhone organises all the songs in alphabetical order, rather than consecutive order the albums are in like my Classic does - can that be changed? If not, then 'All Songs' is kind of a useless feature to me and needs to be changed, IMO.

16. rywat macrumors member

1) Right-click the song in iTunes
    2) Click get info
    3) Input the song's info
    4) ???
    5) profit

Unless you're joking. Then, well, you got me.

17. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I agree that things need to be changed. What is on iTunes on my computer is not on my iPhone. What I mean is that album artwork is correct on iTunes, but not my iPhone. The same goes for artist's names and much more. I also have missing artwork for some bands, and this is mostly all music bought through iTunes.

I also have noticed that I have one album on there three times. There is not difference in anything, but something when it synced changed so it is on there like that. Yet, I have only one copy in iTunes.

Also, whenever I purchase a song through my iPhone, it does not go to the purchased on iPhone or recently purchased playlists on my iPhone until I sync it with my computer and then everything changes.

I honestly do not remember having these problems when I first got the phone - probably within the last year.

18. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I think he just wants cover flow off not the whole landscape orientation thing.

What I want is to edit playlists on my phone, not the on the go playlist crap.

19. trillville macrumors newbie

If I had to guess, then I would say that the iPod app on the new iPhone will be updated to at least match the features that the iPod app on the iPad has (making new playlists, editing old playlists, etc).

20. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

If the screen res was made higher it may.