Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Ok well apple just "updated" there iPods. But if u ask me it just isnt innovative and revolutionary enough. I really think apple should step up a notch if it wants to compete.. i was a bit shockd today when i went to Cnet and there was a Poll with the iPod and the iAudio..and the iAudio is winning hands down...no competition.
Now the reason i am bringing this up is, well iPod is at the moment in my opinion the bread winner for apple, especially since there is talk that mac sales are going to be very weak for the next year to come. I really think that apple should have put in a bit more oomph into this update, maybe FM radio, just to keep it up on players like the iAudio.

well that is my opinion..any one else?

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
With the introduction of podcasting in iTnes 4.9, I'd besurprised if Apple put a radio in the iPod. They're advertising podcasting as a better replacement for the radio, which it may turn out to be. But I think they'll always have the simplicity and originality over the other players, which is key.

Eventually, the iPod will die out, it's just hard to guess why. Maybe if apple keeps cutting their iPod line like they just did..

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2003
Home
pdpfilms said:
With the introduction of podcasting in iTnes 4.9, I'd besurprised if Apple put a radio in the iPod. They're advertising podcasting as a better replacement for the radio, which it may turn out to be. But I think they'll always have the simplicity and originality over the other players, which is key.

Eventually, the iPod will die out, it's just hard to guess why. Maybe if apple keeps cutting their iPod line like they just did..

ok this might be true..but wouldnt podcasting give even more reason for a radio. Just imagine, u could get podcasts while u listen to them on the radio and then u can publish them later on iTunes, this would add also simplicity and originality to other players.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
pdpfilms said:
Eventually, the iPod will die out

But not anytime soon. The iPod is still the best player on the market.

I personally think that this update was just a "speed bump". The REAL 5th Gen iPod will come out in the end of summer or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.